Bathurst 1000

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Did anyone else watch this race? How crazy were those last 25 laps? And the winner, came from last on the starting grid!

Looking forward to comments...

And even more fun coming... Russian F1 tonight. Can this weekend get any better? :D :D

Chris.......

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander
I didn't see the Bathurst. I'm not sure it was televised here but it could have been and I missed it. I watched the Russian GP this morning (about 6 hours ago). No spoilers but pretty good stuff.

thumpar

Admiral
A lot of that isn't shown on the networks that I get. Sometimes they will show it later when they don't have anything else to air.

bassman284

Commander
I try to remember to check TVRacer.com every couple of days but sometimes forget. A Formula 1 weekend can make me forget a lot of things.

z00m

Cadet
Chris, that was an awesome race - unfortunately for me I had to take my kids to a birthday party and couldn't watch live from just after the 1 hour car rebuilding restart. I followed it on twitter as best I could and got home just in time to see Chaz drive through under the podium and I was shocked. I thought Lowndes had it in the bag and SVG if something went wrong with Lowndes. It wasn't until later I watched the closing stages on the PVR to see the chaos! I couldn't believe Whincup got to the lead after the day he had. I'm not a fan of his so I wasn't sad when he ran out of juice.

Crazy stuff.

Next year I want my boat in such a state that I will be watching the race anchored up at Rotto and can't be disturbed! ha ha.

By the way we were meant to have a catch up sometime. Let me know when you're free and see what we can do.

Cheers,

Mike.

achris

Hi Mike,

I've been free for the last 7 weeks... Got to go back in the next few days.. BUT, I'll be home for most of Nov... :) (interested in diving for crays?)

On Bathurst... I felt the real dramas started on the Saturday, with GT being rear-ended out of the Sunday race... That 'turn 2' was 'interesting'. A few of the team managers didn't like the mid-race stoppage, especially the 'vehicle rebuilds', and believed the drivers should had just 'adjusted to the situation'... I tend to agree, but then we wouldn't have seen the starting grid turned into a 'pop-up pit-lane'.... Amazing. I did feel for SVG when he stalled and found the starter motor was dead.. :facepalm:

Chris....

Last edited:

z00m

Cadet
Bugger, ok I'll message you again in November. I'm not a diver but I can certainly drive you out to spots and share the spoils :lol:

I used to go to Bathurst as a recovery marshal when I lived over east. It was always a good time and that was back when TAFE had a workshop on site at the mountain. I bet HRT wished it was still there this year!

achris

I should know my schedule in the next couple of days.