Can i still hang out here please???

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I had to do the worse thing ever and unfortunately had to sell my boat. I have a few bills to pay and college fees due, and something had to go, and i wasn't getting any offers of my other half :)
So anyway, i am having boating withdrawal symptoms, and decided to check in here on Iboats, and I miss you guys.... can i still come in here if i don't own a boat for the next few months ..... please.....?

aspeck

Staff member
Hang on there Spikes ... We need to have a meeting and vote on it, since this is such an exclusive club! Oh wait, they left me join! Okay, it is not so exclusive, and yeppers, you are good to go and welcome to hang with the likes of us ... As long as it doesn't sully your reputation too much!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We'll start a poll, fish. On second thought, might not be a good idea. :eek: Stick around! Winter is on it's way with the better boat deals. It won't be long and this will be in the driveway. :D

Ooops - I meant this -

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Nope, Nope, Nope........

Yes, Yes, Yes.....

Hey this reminds me of a movie I saw once!

You do plan on buying another boat don't Cha?

nwcove

Admiral
images
^^^^ heres all ya need to be able to hang out here! :tongue: stick around bud, i see another boat in your future!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I got a donor boat out in the yard I'll be glad to give ya .Got a title and everything ..... but a motor and trailer ..... But with a 2 dollar plug from wally world it'll float .
Just needs a little tlc ... :joyous:

bassman284

Commander
It's the internet man ... fake it :D
Whoa! Yeah! That's the ticket! PRETEND you have a boat!!! As somebody mentioned, winter is creeping up and pretty soon, NONE of us will have a boat.

Ride it out, bud. There'll come a day and you will have another boat. Just got to get the priorities straight right now and it will all work out.

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Whoa! Yeah! That's the ticket! PRETEND you have a boat!!! As somebody mentioned, winter is creeping up and pretty soon, NONE of us will have a boat.

Ride it out, bud. There'll come a day and you will have another boat. Just got to get the priorities straight right now and it will all work out.

I live in California. I'll have a boat all winter :p

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Aw you guys are the best... boat hunting to begin in the new year, can't wait..

Ff.

aspeck

Staff member
LOL crap, busted again.
Truth be told, I look at some of those fine sailing ships and am jealous ... It looks like so much fun, and yet you have to use your knowledge and skill to overcome what Mother Nature sends your way to get where you want to be ... So, because I am jealous AND lazy, I will hold my position, if it ain't propelled my machine or muscle, it can't be a real boat! LOL!

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
oh you meant fish. :D yeah man just fake it.

Huh, What?.......I haven't been on the water for a while now, Grand Kids keep me busy, But it's fun taking them on the boat and make motorboat sounds!
Muhahahahahahaaaa!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Huh, What?.......I haven't been on the water for a while now, Grand Kids keep me busy, But it's fun taking them on the boat and make motorboat sounds!
Muhahahahahahaaaa!

LOL do you show them your avatar when you're doing that? LOL

RGrew176

Commander
Hey, I am in the same boat (pun intended) as you. I had to sell my boat in 2011 to free up some funds. Now that I have my financial house back in order I am starting to search for something to buy to get back out on the waters. It will be something old enough that I can make a cash purchase so I will never again have a boat payment. That alone will free up more funds for boating activities like gasoline for instance. Hope that you to someday will be back on the waters. While it is great to own a boat I believe most of these boating forums do not make it a requirement that you own or have a boat to be a member and to contribute.