Nascar - New Hampshire, Cup And Trucks, N-Wide at Kentucky

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The second Chase race on Sunday in New Hampshire along with Trucks on Saturday afternoon and a Whelen Tour support race Nationwide has a Saturday night race in Kentucky - The VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300. Isn't Myrtle Beach in South Carolina? Maybe it moved - Nope went to VisitMyrtleBeach.com and it's still in South Carolina. No wonder our kids don't know geography. :doh:

Here is the Cup/Truck schedule for the weekend;
Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
FRI 9/19​
Whelen Modified Tour Practice​
8:30 a.m. - 9:20 a.m.​
Camping World Truck Series Practice​
9:30 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.​
Whelen Modified Tour Final Practice​
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
12:00 p.m. - 1:20 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Practice​
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Final Practice​
3:00 p.m. - 4:25 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
4:40 p.m.​
FS1​
Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying​
5:30 p.m. Approx.​
SAT 9/20​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Qualifying​
10:10 a.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
11:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.​
FS1​
Radio Pre-Race​
12:30 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
12:30 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series UNOH 175
1:00 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
1:19 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Whelen Modified Tour F.W. Webb 100
3:30 p.m.​
SUN 9/21​
TV Pre-Race​
1:00 p.m.​
ESPN​
Sprint Cup Series Sylvania 300
2:00 p.m.​
PRN/ESPN​
Green Flag​
2:17 p.m.​
PRN/ESPN​
The Nationwide schedule;
Date
Event
Time
TV/Radio
FRI 9/19​
Nationwide Series Practice​
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.​
Nationwide Series Final Practice​
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.​
FS1​
SAT 9/20​
Nationwide Series Qualifying​
4:10 p.m.​
Nationwide Series VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300
7:30 p.m.​
ESPNNEWS/PRN​
Green Flag​
7:45 p.m.​
ESPNNEWS/PRN​

43 Cup teams are entered in the race, so no one goes home, everybody races.

Let's cut to the Chase, With his win, 5th of the season, at Chicagoland, Keso is the first Chase drive to advance to the second round. There are still 11 empty spots to be decided here at New Hampshire and next week at Dover. Here is the current state of the Chase grid;
1. Brad Keselowski
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1. Brad Keselowski
4. Jimmie Johnson 2.
5. Joey Logano 3. 1.
6. Kevin Harvick 4. 2.
7. Carl Edwards 5. 3. 1.
8. Kyle Busch 6. 4. 2.
9. Denny Hamlin 7. 5. 3.
10. Kurt Busch 8. 6. 4.
11. Kasey Kahne 9. 7.
12. Aric Almirola 10. 8.
13. AJ Allmendinger 11.
14. Matt Kenseth 12.
15. Greg Biffle
16. Ryan Newman
Challenger Round
Contender Round
Eliminator Round
Championship Round

Only race winners and top point positions, for a total of 12 Chasers move on to the Contender round.

News
  • Tony Stewarts case was referred to the Grand Jury. Anything can happen.
  • Jr.'s road manger accused Keselowski of cheating in a tweet during the Chicagoland race. At issue was the right side skirt. Nascar found no issue during inspection. On Tuesday Mike Hoag, the accuser quit his job at JR Motorsports. Those smart phones are dangerous!
  • Joe Gibbs say crew chief changes are coming next year with his teams. Also they are looking for a CC for Edwards.
  • Gordon is making his 40th start at New Hampshire, every race held there. Since Burton isn't entered, Gordo becomes the only driver in that trivia category.
  • In the "I'll Be Darned" news - Mikey Waltrip made it through the first round of eliminations in Dancing With The Stars. He's running a different kind of Chase. :lol:
Fantasy Live
  • FlaCowboy won :first: place for Chicagoland. And is chewing on 64osby's bumper in the overall. He grabbed a bunch of points and is 120 points behind after being over 300 off the pace as one time.
  • Make your changes before the race. Hopefully the glitch between FL AND THE Grid game is resolved by Nascar.

GA_Boater

New Hampshire qualifying results - Keso is on the pole, setting a new track record.

The Chasers by points standing and starting position;

1) #2-Brad Keselowski, 1st
2) #24-Jeff Gordon, 13th
3) #22-Joey Logano, 7th
4) #4-Kevin Harvick, 3rd
5) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr., 11th
6) #11-Denny Hamlin, 4th
7) #18-Kyle Busch, 5th
8) #48-Jimmie Johnson, 6th
9) #41-Kurt Busch, 15th
10) #20-Matt Kenseth, 16th
11) #5-Kasey Kahne, 17th
12) #99-Carl Edwards, 8th
13) #31-Ryan Newman, 9th
14) #47-A.J. Allmendinger, 27th
15) #16-Greg Biffle, 26th
16) #43-Aric Almirola, 21st

Half the Chase contenders (8) are in the top 10.

GA_Boater

How about a 16 year old kid winning the Truck race today! Cole Custer gets his first win after only 7 starts in a national Nascar series and the youngest winner in national Nascar history.

GA_Boater

Logano wins and moves to the 2nd round. It seemed like most of the 16 Chasers got involved in wrecks or banged the wall. 10 of 'em! Dover is going to be more of the same with the bottom of the ladder trying to win or get into the top points tier.

Unofficially - QC wins the week and 64 added about 30 points to his overall lead over Cowboy.

sam60

Captain
Kinda lonely here this weekend, GA_. I hope you weren't hearing crickets. :watermelon:

GA_Boater

I AM NOT ALONE! Thanks for stopping in, Sam. :lol:

sam60

Captain
It was an interesting race, GA_ & we were all over the board in Fantasy racing....the leaders continue to dominate. :) Osby & Fla have it figured out.

GA_Boater

They made good choices when the drivers were affordable and milked the salary cap. 64 and Cowboy are having their own Chase. :smile:

I know I messed up in the beginning.

aspeck

Staff member
Sorry I wasn't around ... Had to go to Cleveland, Ohio to officiate my nephews wedding then came back to Pittsburgh because I was invited to speak there Sunday Morning, and since I was in Pittsburgh, and it was the last Pirate regular season home game of the season ... We saw them win, 1-0, sort of. In the 7th, daughter was hungry. Took her to get perogies, yep, only run of the game scored! Ugh!

GA_Boater

Pried the official results out of Nascar. QC gets the hardware for the race. :first: Congrats, QC. In the overall chase or should that be Chase - 64 now has a 147 point advantage over Cowboy.

64osby

Admiral
Went trout fishing for 4 days up north. My Sprint service was non existent and no MRN on the radio. Have to see if there is a replay of the race on cable.

Still looking in the mirror but the decals on FLA's car are not as clear this week.:happy:

64osby

Admiral
:thumb:GA - That would work as I haven't seen a replay on tv.:cool:

And a belated Congrats to QC. :first:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just saw it on the ticker at FS1. Didn't realize the trucks are running now....... Actually, may be a rerun. Although, they don't say it anywhere.....

Last edited:

64osby

Admiral
They made good choices when the drivers were affordable and milked the salary cap. 64 and Cowboy are having their own Chase. :smile:

My drivers cost the same as everyone else. I have been switching drivers most weeks. ;)

Hundreds of hours of research go in to my picks. Then I go try to pick a four leaf clover, find my lucky rabbits foot and pray to the NASCAR gods. So far it seems to be working for iboats, but I'm still in 1590 place overall.:faint2: :)

Last week I figured out my picks could be changed on my phone, but not the computer. Maybe this week I'll be able to use the computer.:rolleyes:

Heard on the radio that Ward may have had THC in his system and that is why no charges were filed.

GA_Boater

Hey Musky - I think Fox Sucky 1 is doing a rerun because they don't have enough stuff to fill the time. Kinda like ESPN way back when Nascar was on almost non-stop until they got some contracts for college sports.

I'm guessing the Stewart case went to a Grand Jury only because a death was involved.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It went to the Grand Jury because the DA let it. The DA could have shut it down and that would have been that, I guess he didn't want to deal with it. Let the Grand Jury decide. There can still be a civil suit. But the kid hurt the family's preferred outcome by having "grass" in his system at the time...... I'm "guessing" since the Grand Jury isn't going to bring any criminal charges against Tony it will make it difficult for a civil case to be successful even tho a civil case doesn't have to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. But hey, I'm not a lawyer so I know nothing... :)

GA_Boater

The case went to the Grand Jury because "Under New York State law, unless the defendant consents, all felony cases must be presented to the Grand Jury. " I guess "the defendant consents" means pleads guilty or no contest. I'm no lawyer either and it's been a long time since I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. :smile:

http://manhattanda.org/criminal-justice-system-how-it-works?s=39

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well there ya go, there's all kinds of stories floating around out there....... Mr Lawyer.........:rolleyes::laugh: