JB has passed away

puddle jumper

Captain
JB no longer with us. That just does not seem right. He and I did not always see eye to eye but he always showed me the way. May you sail away to a better place. Red Sky's at night old friend.

sam60

Captain
I didn't correspond with JB in my short time here, but the photo of him says a lot to me. He must have had many friends with a smile like that. RIP JB.

Bigprairie1

Commander
Very sad to hear about JB's passing.
I didn't know JB personally but he always seemed to display professionalism in his responses to the difficult task of moderating this forum....certainly in earlier times.
Hopefully his many years served him and his family well......I'm sure they did.
Respectfully
BP

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
RIP JB. He was a "gentle" giant, much wisdom, and helped any. Like Don S. Don ended up last years his life here, about 60 miles from me. Never met either, but the "wisdom of life"...priceless. We are simple losing the "old greats", but happy me...to as known them maybe in typed words only, but the "wisdom" hit me hard, like in real. Sorry to hear this.

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
We didn't run into each other much on the forums but hate loosing a boat family member. My wishes are with his friends and family.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Very sad to hear the news. He will definitely be missed. My condolences to his family.

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander
May you forever rest in Peace, JB. We were so fortunate that you found this forum and became such a big and important part of it.

I have to wonder, not about the small things where he gave advice that was forgotten about, but how many lives has he saved over the years with his willingness to give his knowledge and input so many times that made a difference in a way we may never know.

What great stories he had! Thank you JB for being the selflessness guy with the big heart that you were.

My sincere condolences to all of JB's family and friends

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Goodbye JB.....Its was my pleasure to have known you. For myself... you brought both dignity and respect for the word moderation,very well done.

Last edited:

Tyme2fish

Commander
I've "known" JB since Feb. 19,2002, my join date. I have been away from the internet for several days and was truly saddened to sign on here at iboats and learn of his passing. I judged him to be a fair man,intelligent, and very willing to help others.

I asked him one time about the qualifications to become a moderator and he gave me some great comments. I was pleased that he said I had the demeanor to possibly become a Mod. That was a great ego boost to me.

Red sky,JB you will be missed

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Just signed in after being away on numerous business trips and so saddened to read this. A sad and tragic loss to the community both out here and elsewhere. I will always treasure the memories of his posts and personality. RIP sir.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
No Title

Wherever he is now, I suspect that within a short time all boats will be Boston Whalers, and all outboards will be 3 HP LightTwins from the 50s.
Fair winds and following seas....and of course, a red sky at night.

Attachments

• photo209377.jpg
    photo209377.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 0

bassman284

Commander
Spinnerbait
Tashasdaddy
Don S.
JB

To all you are surely missed and the world is a smaller place

If iboats had a Memorial wall these folks would surely be on it.
Ahh, bonz, you're really hitting me here. I haven't looked at this thread for about a week and decided to read through it tonight and saw your post from a few days ago.. While I was thinking about JB, I was also thinking about Don S, Tashasdaddy and Spinnerbait. All four of those guys were on my mind. And I was thinking about how much we have lost with the passing of these guys. I mean, this is an incredible site with a lot of great folks giving great information and advice, but these guys were giants. Giants. They were just so important to all of us. I miss these guys so much.

I come on this forum almost everyday. I very rarely need help with anything, I just want to see what JB has to say. Or What Don S. has to say. Or Tashasdaddy or Spinnerbait. Can't do that anymore.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Yeup, those 4 guys were something special. Not just as iboats friends but they also influenced me in many other ways in my life. Changed my way of thinking numerous times. Spinner past shortly after I joined and when he did pass I went back and read through many of his posts to get a feel for who this man was.

Tashasdaddy and I had many long conversations and he helped me tremendously with the issues I was having with different engines and also when I started rebuilding my Lund. He would encourage people even when he disagreed. His pet project was E Fuels and fuel lines, hehe, I still chuckle about it but he was right!

DonS and I didn't interact much together mostly because I think we both thought the same and agreed most always.

As for JB, what I will remember him most for was once helping me out with a nasty disagreement I was having with another member. That was long ago but not forgotten.

Mostly, all of them helped me learn to enjoy life and just what it is that is truely important.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Have not been through here in awhile. Truely saddened to read of his passing.
Like the others mentioned above, JB leaves a void here that will not be filled.

RIP friend

DaNinja

Lieutenant
I also have not looked in for quite awhile. Very sad to see this news on my return visit.

Prayers up for all of JB's friends and family. As a mainstay of this board, he will be sorely missed.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Geezus... That's sad...I just read this... Two guys I PM'd with and valued their knowledge was Tashasdaddy and JB... Very Sad... May they be boating in peace now...