JB has passed away

Maclin

Admiral
Saddened to hear this. He had a way with the words in all his articles and replies. My respect for him grew in leaps and bounds every time I read one of his replies or we "talked" on the forums. Pure class, he will be missed.

bigdee

Commander
Rest in Peace JB. Enjoyed the keyboard friendship but looking more forward to meeting you one day!

scipper77

Commander
Since I have been a member this is the 4'th time we have lost a Moderator. For some reason this time feels different. While the loss is tremendous I don't feel like it is a tragedy. I was aware of some of JB's health problems in recent years so I think he was at peace and that really softens the blow.

Having said that, JB had a way of maintaining a high moral standard around here without ever bringing disrespect to anybody. He had a gift for maintaining order without ever compromising anybodies dignity. Every once in a while I would post advice for someone that was more moral than technical in nature. I can remember a few times where JB would let me know that he liked the advise that I had given. His approval always meant a lot to me because I had so much respect for that man.

On a final note, I wish nothing but the best for his family. I'm sure that this loss is significant.

nlain

Commander
RIP JB. This is a great loss for this boating community, many laughs, much advice and he was always ready and willing. Thoughts and prayers to his family in this time of need.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Sad to here about JB. Except for JB I would not have became a member of Iboats.

Last edited:

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Oh no! The first PM I ever received on any message board was from Mr. JB. I was griping about coolers not being made the way they used to be made and he offered to send me some of his for the cost of shipping. I've shared many a joke with him over the last few years, and the only disagreement we ever had he handled with characteristic class. He was the quintessential gentleman and the embodiment of everything that makes iboats such a special place. Red Skies At Night Mr. JB. We'll miss you.

nwcove

Admiral
Condolences to his family and friends.....wish i could have met him in person.

Bondo

Staff member
Farewell my friend, 'n another of my mentors,.... Thank you JB for bein' who you are,....

angus63

Captain
I don't think there was anyone more devoted to this forum. The Red Sky is more distinguished with an added touch of gray. Peace JB.

gonfishn

Commander
JB and I fished the same waters in Mn. He was the calmer in those early days of Iboats when we got outa hand. I am sorry we did not get to wet our lines on Leech lake. Spinner and you now can share that fishn trip together. I will never forget when I got zapped by JB on the thread "I WANNA A BRIDGE". I was not the only one here that experienced the long arm of the law. You will be missed my friend.

Last edited:

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Such sad news. He made this forum a better place to be and will be remembered fondly. RIP my friend..

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Will miss him for sure. His knowledge and wisdom always came across well in his posts; never too shy to say what was on his mind, and always said it in a good way. I thank him for all his advice and for what he added to these forums.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
JB was full on information and very kind to share it here with us on iboats. I learned early on in my visits here that he was a man that knew what he was talking about. I found many answers to my questions by reading questions posted by others. Many, many times the answers I needed were supplied by JB. My reading here also brought me to the conclusion that JB was not afraid to speak his mind. The world needs more folks like JB. He always seemed to try to lead people in the right direction. I will miss seeing his posts here on iboats. I wish you smooth water JB.