JB has passed away

BradC-iboats

Chief Petty Officer
We received news today that our dear friend, mentor, and our first and long standing iboats Forum Moderator, JB peacefully passed away this afternoon in his sleep. For those of us who had the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with JB in the Forums or in person, we are truly grateful for the opportunity we had to know him. He was a giant in both knowledge and kindness and his memory will live on the Forums that he dedicated so much of his time and talents to. We would like to invite anyone who would like to share their memories and feelings about JB here in this thread as a tribute to him and his life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
A teacher, a mentor and a real friend since I came to iboats. RIP JB you will be missed by thousands and thousands! :(

eavega

Lieutenant
A wonderful, patient, and thoughtful person. RIP JB, prayers and condolences to your family.

rogerwa

Commander
I've been around here a long time and feel like I have gotten to know him, not personally, but his personality. It is weird how these forums allow you to know someone without "knowing" them.. If Iboats has a personality - it is his. I am saddened and wish him "Red Skies"..

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sorry to hear this, JB, rest in peace and may the seas be calm on your journey forward.

aspeck

Staff member
JB's intelligence, knowledge, and experience have been a bedrock here at iboats. I can only image the loss the "Love of His Life" and his kids and grand kids feel. My thoughts, prayers, and sympathies go out to them. Red skies ...

jbcurt00

Staff member
RIP JB, you will be missed BTW: Please say 'Hey' to Don for us ;)

southkogs

Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. I know he'd been struggling some in the last year or so, but I had been hoping he'd be able to start writing more again. His wit and wisdom was always so classy. Truly a loss for all of us.

Condolences to the family and prayers for peace and comfort.

ezbtr

Commander
oh geez, I'm speechless............................RIP our old friend...............Boy will I miss him , geez all the advice :(

saumon

Lieutenant
Really sorry to hear that... He's the one who made me bought my Whaler, thanks to his patient advices and answers to my endless questions . Also a skillful writer with a very distinctive style. We'll miss him. Condolences to his family. šŸ˜¢

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
We have lost one of the Great ones. Thoughts and Prayers.

RIP JB

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Spinnerbait
Tashasdaddy
Don S.
JB

To all you are surely missed and the world is a smaller place

If iboats had a Memorial wall these folks would surely be on it.

ehenry

Commander
Rip, JB, my friend. Your wisdom and friendship here on Iboats will ba missed. I wish i"d had the honor to have meet you in person.

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends............

Ed

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Rest in peace JB, I will miss your input into some of the more colourful post over the years.

Thoughts and prayers to all family and friends.