Nascar - Cup Chase race #1 At Chicagoland, Along with N-wide and Trucks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The first race in the 2014 Chase to the Sprint Cup Championship kicks off at Chicagoland on Sunday. Also Nationwide and Truck are the support races. Truck had two practice sessions this afternoon. Here is the weekend schedule;
Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
THURS 9/11​
Camping World Truck Series Practice​
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.​
Camping World Truck Series Final Practice​
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.​
FRI 9/12​
Nationwide Series Practice​
12:00 p.m. - 12:50 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Qualifying​
3:15 p.m.​
FS1​
Nationwide Series Final Practice​
4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
6:45 p.m.​
MRN.com/ESPN2​
Radio Pre-Race​
8:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
8:00 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 225
8:30 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
8:46 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
SAT 9/13​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.​
FS1​
Nationwide Series Qualifying​
12:15 p.m.​
FS2​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
2:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.​
FS2​
Radio Pre-Race​
3:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
3:30 p.m.​
ESPN2​
Nationwide Series Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300
3:30 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN2​
Green Flag​
3:46 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN2​
SUN 9/14​
Radio Pre-Race​
1:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
1:00 p.m.​
ESPN​
Sprint Cup Series MyAFibStory.com 400
2:00 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN​
Green Flag​
2:16 p.m.​
MRN/ESPN​

On To The Chase

The sixteen spots in the Chase was finalized after last weeks race in Richmond, Keso picked up his fourth win of the season to make him the top seed. The bottom of the seeds have three non-winners in Kenseth, Biffle and Newman. The Chase grid, sorta like March Madness Brackets. :pride:
1. Brad Keselowski
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 1.
4. Jimmie Johnson 2.
5. Joey Logano 3. 1.
6. Kevin Harvick 4. 2.
7. Carl Edwards 5. 3. 1.
8. Kyle Busch 6. 4. 2.
9. Denny Hamlin 7. 5. 3.
10. Kurt Busch 8. 6. 4.
11. Kasey Kahne 9. 7.
12. Aric Almirola 10. 8.
13. AJ Allmendinger 11.
14. Matt Kenseth 12.
15. Greg Biffle
16. Ryan Newman
Challenger Round
Contender Round
Eliminator Round
Championship Round

Chicago, New Hampshire and Dover are the three races in the Challenger round. The race winners and points leaders, 12 in total, will advance to the Contender round. So wins are important just like in the preceding 26 races. Almost win or go home. We'll talk about the Contender and following rounds when the time comes in three weeks.

In The News
The police investigation into the Ward death when Stewart ran over him has concluded and the results have turned over to the District Attorney. The DA's office will make an announcement next week.

SHR made big changes to Harvick's pit crew. For the most part, Smoke's pit crew will be working for Happy. SHR feels the Stewart crew works better together, unlike Harvick's old crew. Anything to get an SHR championship at Homestead.

Nascar has reported the results of confiscating The Twerp's rear end after the Nationwide post race inspection at Richmond. They say it is Perfect, Complete and Total. But we knew that. :smile:

Ray Rice will not be the Grand Marshall for the MyAFibStory.com 400.​

Fantasy Live

FlaCowboy won Richmond quite handily over kyle k and took home the :first: trophy for his mantel. He also pulled closer to osby in the overall race. He cut the lead to under 200 points. I think we are having our own Chase. :D
So get your picks and changes in by the deadline. See ya at the races.​

PS - Anyone want play a couple Chase games on Nascar? I set up a iboats league for Streak To The Finish and The Chase Grid Battle, both free games. Bragging' rights and money is on the line. http://fantasygames.nascar.com/

sam60

Captain
I think I joined the games, but not sure if it is an iboats league....I followed the link.

Thanks, GA_ for the effort!

GA_Boater

There should be an iboats league. I'll look again.

The Streak has an iboats league. I can't find out how to set up a league for the Grid and it says you can have leagues. Also it looks like they have two grid games. :confused: Nothing is simple!

GA_Boater

Rain, rain, go away. Rain has fouled up everything in Joliet today. Qualifying for both Cup and Trucks has been canceled. The Truck race scheduled for tonight has been pushed to tomorrow at 7PM. The Twerp is on the Cup pole based on speed in the first and only practice session today.

aspeck

Staff member
I'm in, GA. Thanks. Will see how things go ...

GA_Boater

Weather seems to be improved today. The first Cup practice is just finishing up. Kyle Larson hit the wall and is going to his back up car.

I was finally able to set up a league for the Chase Battle Grid. iboats naturally. :smile: And the iboats league in the Streak.

GA_Boater

Harvick won the N-Wide race and The Twerp won the rain delayed Truck race.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Thanks for the congrats from last week :happy:

However...I can not sign in to the Fantasy site to make a couple of changes...anyone else having issues signing in...???

FlaCowboy

Ensign
I have tried everything...signing in from Google which is where I usually sign in from. I have tried signing in from IE....nothing works. On the sign in page it says they have made changes to their system. See below....
We have recently upgraded our Login systems. If you are having trouble logging in please visit our support site here.

I go there and nothing :target: I have even tried misspelling my sign in name just to see what happens and it catches me saying that either my sign in name or password is incorrect which tells me it recognizes me...it just will not let me in...this Sucks :tape2:

64osby

Admiral
I made changes early yesterday, went back this morning to tweak and I can't sign in either.

Upgrades are a wonderful thing:facepalm:

Edit - The login actually is working. I'm able to see my profile. Was able to enter and fill out a grid game. Just won't open the fantasy game???

Last edited:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Same here Osby...I picked my drivers on Friday but I want to tweak it a little. I also filled out the Grid games and since then...can not enter the Fantasy Live page...:noidea:

GA_Boater

When I was finally able to set up my grid game, I had to log on again. Almost like the Grid game is separate from the others. Anyway, I can get to my FL team and Grid using Firefox. I moved from FL to the Grid and had to log on again. :facepalm: nascar.com has not been the same since the big "upgrade" before the 2013 season. And from week to week, you have no idea how pages are going to look.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
I have not had any issues with FL all year until I signed on to the Grid Games. Anyone know how to "unsubscribe" to the Grid Games...?

GA_Boater

No idea, Cowboy. You could try logging off and back on. There seems to be some interaction between FL and the grid.

BTW - You are dead last today. :lie::pound:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Osby...were you able to get signed in...? I tried everything and Nothing worked :target::target::target:

Anyone wanna give me an update...? How many points behind am I :frusty:

If Nascar Fantasy Live had a Complaint Line I would be...:blah::blah:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
No idea, Cowboy. You could try logging off and back on. There seems to be some interaction between FL and the grid.

BTW - You are dead last today. :lie::pound:

LOL GA...the problem is I can NOT login at ALL to FL. So not only can I not make changes to my drivers...I can not see the points board :facepalm: