image hosting site

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I have a photobucket account, but am full up on the free part of it so I need to open another. I like PB for the fact I can email the pics in rather than uploading so but other than that not a great fan - kinda clunky and too many pop-up ads make it past my blocker.

Any other suggestions?

southkogs

Staff member
If I had to do it all over, I'd probably go with Flickr.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Dropbox. It is basically just another folder and you just drop files in it. I create an iboats folder in the public folder. You right click on the file to get a link to the picture to put here.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
I didn't realize Dropbox would do that either: though I have not liked Dropbox for the work I've used it for.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You put it in the Public directory or a new directory in Public. Right click the file and select "Copy public link" and then use that with img and /img to put the picture in your post.

I use Dropbox a lot. Great when doing refinancing or purchasing property Just put all the docs in a shared folder. I also put copies of my travel itineraries as well as copies of my drivers license and passport on there so I can get to them from my cell phone.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
You put it in the Public directory or a new directory in Public. Right click the file and select "Copy public link" and then use that with img and /img to put the picture in your post.

I use Dropbox a lot. Great when doing refinancing or purchasing property Just put all the docs in a shared folder. I also put copies of my travel itineraries as well as copies of my drivers license and passport on there so I can get to them from my cell phone.

security concerns with all that? more than i was looking fro but interested nonetheless

rogerwa

Commander
I use MS OneDrive Again it is set of folders on Windows 7 that auto synchs when connected. It has an IPAD app, and I use a Windows phone that auto uploads pics and backs up the phone.

If I want to share it I just put in the public area. Similar to dropbox. ICloud is another, but I would hate for my nudies (JK) to be compromised..

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
security concerns with all that? more than i was looking fro but interested nonetheless
I personally don't but I am sure there are people that worry about that way more than me.

As far as Dropbox vs OneDrive and GoogleDrive, you don't get as much free space with Dropbox so if you think you need more than what they give you for free, it's probably not the best. I think it has the best user interface of the 3 though.

Last edited:

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
I too like Dropbox........ It is very easy to use, I like that I can auto upload pics from my phone or can choose to do manually, I believe you get 2.5 gigs of space with the free account..........

ngt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Why don't you just use another email address and make a second photobucket account. Just make sure you frequent both accounts so one doesn't get deleted.

southkogs

Staff member
I had some issues with email and ads with Dropbox (but it's been a while). Built kind of a bias for me, I guess. And there's no shortage of other stuff out there ... iCloud, Google Doc/Drive, and the list goes on ...

... all of 'em have ups and downs.