So angry at neighbors dog unleashed

southkogs

Staff member
If the dog had come in to my garage much less my house and acted aggressively it would have left in a garbage bag and I'd deal with the fall out later. Every one has the right to protect themselves in their own homes.
Sorta' - at least in my state: if the dog was in the house and was threatening and I "dispatched" ole' Fido right there, it's probably a clean shoot and all good. If however, I didn't wanna' stain my walls and carpet and so moved the pooch out into the yard before assisting him to "room temperature," I've actually shown the dog to be a nuisance rather than an eminent threat - now the shoot is more questionable and probably open to more civil action (as opposed to just criminal action if there is any).

That's why I suggest documenting a few times and getting the advice of the local constabulary.

ezbtr

Commander
The dog WAS aggressive when he rushed my buddy's 7 yr old, called A.C. today and they agreed with me 100%, they'll go talk to neighbors

rsmitty814

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well I've read some stuff. Never thought a thread of this nature would go on for what????? a week? Holy cow! Who wears "buck knives" anymore. Buy a storm door for christ sakes that should keep the neighbors dog out…and maybe some bugs. I don't know but seems like the whiner might be you.

ezbtr

Commander
Called AC again no stop by yet but did confirm with neighbors (and updated AC) of 1 and 3 year old girls that both adults have been scared/rushed by dog (wife was terrified with both toddlers by her) , and I am the only one who has called - looking for closure soon but at least neighbors know someone is trying to do something and I'm documenting all.

Last edited:

jtmarten

Master Chief Petty Officer
Your neighbor needs to grow a pair and make the call himself. What a wuss. If he can't at least do that, let 'em be dog food.
Sometimes the knight in shining armor becomes the d!ck of the neighborhood.

ezbtr

Commander
Your neighbor needs to grow a pair and make the call himself. What a wuss. If he can't at least do that, let 'em be dog food.
Sometimes the knight in shining armor becomes the d!ck of the neighborhood.
Yeah if those little ones were my kids I sure would have, I let the other neighbors know as well, no visit yet from AC as of today, even though I called last week, they say to check every week with them

ezbtr

Commander
AC finally showed up yesterday, owners not home, so he knocked on my door(mistakenly) then left an envelope on their door, no clue what it said, but dog still there, but havent seen her around outside, let alone unleashed, we'll see