Winterizing already

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
Changed the motor oil and leg oil. Shut off the fuel and fogged the motor. Drained the motor and greased the prop splines.
I can't believe how short the summer was this year. Every year it gets shorter here. I bet we have ice into June next year.
2011 boat with not quite 30 hours.
Maybe next year will be warmer. But for the last 7 years it has been getting wetter and colder. Lakes are 5 feet higher than they ever were this year.

rsmitty814

Petty Officer 3rd Class
We used to do that this early. Labor day weekend was the last weekend of our cottage season. Now I look forward to the fall foliage around the Fulton Chain in the Adirondaks. Too cold to swim, but just beautiful.

aspeck

Staff member
I boat till the ice is too hard to cut .... Or after the late hunting seasons, whichever is first. Semi-heated garage helps with that ...

bassman284

Commander
Changed the motor oil and leg oil. Shut off the fuel and fogged the motor. Drained the motor and greased the prop splines.
I can't believe how short the summer was this year. Every year it gets shorter here. I bet we have ice into June next year.
Maybe next year will be warmer. But for the last 7 years it has been getting wetter and colder. Lakes are 5 feet higher than they ever were this year.
Holy cow! Do you live in the Northwest territory or something? We get important cold here but I generally expect to be boating well into November if not longer.

rogerwa

Commander
Jet ski came out today as we never use it past labor day. Toon comes out in a little over a month.. Labor day marks the beginning of the fall cabin project season. I don't do projects during the summer. I do it all in Sept and Oct and then April and May if I don't get it done.

DayCruiser

Ensign
You can still boat Sept, Oct and part of November in SC. Yea the Summer seemed shorter this year but all this week it has been in the 90s

dozerII

Admiral
Going to bring the boat home and put her in the heated garage tomorrow. We are forecast for the first frost of the year on Wed night 60 miles north of the U.S. border in Saskatchewan.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like Mr. Gore owes you some global warming...

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
Where are you?
Only use boat for water skiing??
No fishing?

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
I love fishing. I have an Islander 221 but with all the wacky weather and cold it didn't see much use this summer.
It has been well below freezing the last few nights. And since Alberta has already had a couple feet of snow I guess winter is here!
I covered all my tomotoes but it froze so hard they are mush. To bad about that.