College Football

bassman284

Commander
Not to start anything, but the playoffs have nothing to do with the best competition. It's all about the bucks and OSU will bring more money to the playoff and championship hosts than TCU or Baylor. It's that simple.
Yup. Fortunate for the committee that Ohio State laid that whumpin' on Wiscy. Otherwise they pretty well would have been forced to sort out the TCU/Baylor mess.

sam60

Captain
Okay, Sam, the Capital One Mania Game is open to join and make your picks. Iboats is the group. Have fun guys and girls!

Thanks aspeck ! Hopefully we get everyone back from last year & add a few this year.....

bassman284

Commander
Permission to come aboard, Cap'n! Figured you guys would need a bottom feeder to round out the group. Only one pick so far - Iowa over Tennessee. Regardless of what Vegas thinks, Iowa will crush Tennessee. CRUSH!

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
thanks aspect, I'm in.
The bilge is secure................................ again. :facepalm:

sam60

Captain
Alphabetically, bass is the man.....his post count matches the year joined.....

bassman284

Commander
Alphabetically, bass is the man.....his post count matches the year joined.....

Hoo doggies! Had to bookmark that one. Thanks for the heads up, sam. I'm kind of known around here as a posting piece of machinery. I hope the rest of you can catch up some day. Quick calc says that comes out to about 250 posts a year. I'm not sure how I find time to eat.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So you are really going to watch Illinois Louisiana Tech? :) I expect a full report of the game the next morning!

14 - 3 LA Tech end of 1st......... ESPN............. :)

IL just missed a FG..........

14 - 9 IL missed the xtra pt, hit the post....

21 - 9 IL thru an interccception for a TD. Terrible throw.......

You get the idea, I'll quit now.........:D

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Final

35 - 18 LA Tech.........

Now Rutgers is on the field....... Rooting for NC....