College Football

bassman284

Commander
Well, maybe I'm just grumpy, but I'm pretty sure the 4 team playoff is going to end up being a sham as well.In fact, I'm certain of it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Terrible officiating at the OSU/PSU game. Of course, OSU is benefiting. They kicked a long field goal even tho the play clock was sitting at 0 for a good 3 seconds before the snap. Also an interception by OSU which it clearly wasn't. The announcers have been miffed too..... State clobered Michigan.....

sam60

Captain
Colorado has a defense. Nebraska needs to get better on D. Missed first half of OSU/PSU game. Ate pork and beef today whilst watching games. Drank a couple of beers. KC 4-2 top of the 4th.

aspeck

Staff member
Yep, the officiating was horrible! They played the "interception" on the big screen in the stadium, but said they could not get the feed in the trailer to review it... SMH! Then they missed the no time call. And then they said Franklin called,a time,out when he didn't, but they did that to Meyer also. When ESPN/ABC announcers talk about Penn State getting a raw deal, you know it was BAD!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Don't know about the rest of you guys but I'm one happy camper !!! :tongue1::croc::dance::p
Just whipped our biggest rival ! GO GATORS !!!!!

sam60

Captain
My team won also and has a bye to get ready for WI. That game will be their biggest challenge.

PSU can't get a break. Mich won. Wild season...:eek:

aspeck

Staff member
PSU got a break with the release of the NCAA emails ... Looks like Emmert and company might be in trouble ... Maybe the beginning of the end for the organization as we know it. Emails show they knew they were over stepping their bounds, but were above their own regulations ... It is going to get interesting ... Please understand, I do not agree with Sandusky and what he did. I do not agree with a lot of the handling of the situation, but I do feel that the media and the NCAA rushed to judgement...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looking forward to MSU/OSU.............. Go Sparty!

bassman284

Commander
PSU got a break with the release of the NCAA emails ... Looks like Emmert and company might be in trouble ... Maybe the beginning of the end for the organization as we know it. Emails show they knew they were over stepping their bounds, but were above their own regulations ... It is going to get interesting ... Please understand, I do not agree with Sandusky and what he did. I do not agree with a lot of the handling of the situation, but I do feel that the media and the NCAA rushed to judgement...
Well, there was a national frenzy to hand out remarkable punishments and Emmert certainly did not want to miss that bandwagon. I felt that the NCAA had no particular authority in the case and was amazed not only at the extent of the sanctions but the fact that hardly anyone objected to them. A lot of folks were punished who shouldn't have been, IMO.

(Full disclosure: I live in Iowa and I'm an Iowa Hawkeye fan. I don't even like Penn State very much.)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Bama would have lost if that personal foul wasn't called when LSU had the ball on the 4 yard line.

How Alabama is ranked so high is beyond me.

No big 10 team in final 4 this year more than likely.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
For those of us suffering from triptofane triptophane %@#%&..... that stuff from turkey that makes you sluggish, new games on FS1 & ESPN.

aspeck

Staff member
It didn't take Nebraska long to go next door to Colorado State and hire Riley ... Not sure they improved any ... time will tell.

bassman284

Commander
Yeah, interesting choice. Not sure what to expect other than he probably won't win any more games than Pellini did. From what I can gather OSU fans aren't all that unhappy to see him go.After 14 years he was getting a bit stale. In Nebraska, coaches who don't win National Championships every 3 to 4 years get stale fast and Pellini's video cussing out the fans cut a few years off his shelf life.