College Football

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not sure what that was supposed to do ... Don't think anyone paid any attention to the "dead" player. A bit disturbing that a coach would resort to a player "dying" to complete a play ...
And the "dead player" totally got himself drilled after the interception!

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Lets Go Mountaineers!!! We have Oklahoma at home tonight. Hoping for the upset.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Some Big10 teams did some pounding today, just not sure what was accomplished with some of the matchups......

sam60

Captain
More Big 10 coming up next. I'd be happy with a close game & 1 point win. Non Conference, just fun.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Utah, 6th best team in the Pac12 beats Michigan.

Good win for Indiana.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Missed most of the day ... Nephew got married and I got to officiate ... 4pm wedding start was to be AFTER the PSU game, not at kick-off! Uggghhhh! Didn't get to see much, was hoping Clemson could beat FSU ... Came close, as did WSU with Oregon. LSU got beat pretty badly, worse than the score indicated, from what a I picked up of the game. Interesting week ...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I watched the Clemson game. Amazing how many chance they had to win that game. Had ball on one foot line and had a bad hike over the QB's head and lost 25 yards. Missed FG! The fumble in the closing minutes at FSU's 20 yard line was the next major mistake.

sam60

Captain
There are some future college football stars on ESPN now. St. John Bosco @ Bishop Gorman.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
There are some future college football stars on ESPN now. St. John Bosco @ Bishop Gorman.

Darn missed it. Would have liked to have seen Josh Rosen play since he is going to UCLA. Also Alize Jones! Rosen is the best prep QB in the country and Jones is the second best TE in the country.

I heard Mora was at the game.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Mn just won the Little Brown Jug "at" the Big House............ 30 - 14

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Mn just won the Little Brown Jug "at" the Big House............ 30 - 14
Wouldn't be surprised if that was Hoke's last game as coach. Michigan is a dumpster fire.

They may not be able to beat Rutgers or even Northwestern at this point!

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if that was Hoke's last game as coach. Michigan is a dumpster fire.

They may not be able to beat Rutgers or even Northwestern at this point!

I would agree Bruce. I don't think I've ever seen MI look so bad. Northwestern took care of PSU quite handily. I bet they would beat MI too.....

MI goes to Rutgers next weekend.....Hmmmmmmm.....

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Don't know what was up with Northwestern today ... They looked good! Walker was tearing up the place on D and the PSU offensive line could not handle Northwestern's D. A few upsets today, and a few close calls ... FSU pulled it out in the end .... Kentucky looked good against Vandy ...been too busy working around the house to see much of the games ...

aspeck

Staff member
As for MI, I heard Corso say he didn't expect MI to win any more than 4 games this year! Ouch!

sam60

Captain
-- Hoke after the loss yesterday!

ESPN was pretty rough on Hoke, comparing him to a Pinocchio motivational commercial. I'm not a Michigan fan, but hate to see a coach get beat up by the media.

aspeck

Staff member
What a week for upsets and losses in the top 25 ... 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 13, 14 16, 17, 18, 19 all lost ... Most were upset. Pretty amazing day and week in college football. A lot of very good and interesting games!