Nascar - Bristol Everybody Races

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
With only three races to go in the Race To The Chase or whatever they call it now, it's time for the final Bristol race of the season. And it's a full plate with four series competing starting on Wednesday - So an early kick-off post. Here's a cut/paste of the weekend schedule, I'm lazy today;
Date
Event
Time
Radio/TV
WED 8/20​
Whelen Modified Tour Practice​
8:30 a.m. -9:50 a.m.​
Camping World Truck Series Practice​
10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.​
Whelen Modified Tour Practice​
11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.​
Camping World Truck Series Final Practice​
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.​
Whelen Modified Tour Qualifying​
2:45 p.m.​
Camping World Truck Series Qualifying​
4:40 p.m.​
FS1​
Whelen Modified Tour Bush's Beans 150
6:15 p.m.​
Radio Pre-Race​
8:00 p.m.​
MRN​
TV Pre-Race​
8:00 p.m.​
FS1​
Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200
8:30 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
Green Flag​
8:43 p.m.​
MRN/FS1​
THURS 8/21​
Nationwide Series Practice​
1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.​
Nationwide Series Final Practice​
3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.​
FRI 8/22​
Sprint Cup Series Practice​
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Final Practice​
1:30 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.​
FS1​
Nationwide Series Qualifying​
3:40 p.m.​
FS1​
Sprint Cup Series Qualifying​
5:40 p.m.​
ESPN2​
TV Pre-Race​
7:00 p.m.​
ESPN​
Nationwide Series Food City 300
7:30 p.m.​
PRN/ESPN​
Green Flag​
7:43 p.m.​
PRN/ESPN​
SAT 8/23​
TV Pre-Race​
7:00 p.m.​
ABC​
Sprint Cup Series IRWIN Tools Night Race
7:30 p.m.​
PRN/ABC​
Green Flag​
7:43 p.m.​
PRN/ABC

All night races, so we'll have the transition from early dusk to dark and all the pit stop changes to the set-ups. 12 drivers are locked into the Chase and still 4 open spots. The Biff is on the bubble in 16th place. Seeing that Newman is in 14th place with no wins, I can see why he wasn't happy with JJ since is locked in.

Pos. Driver
  1. Jeff Gordon
  2. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
  3. Brad Keselowski
  4. Jimmie Johnson
  5. Joey Logano
  6. Kevin Harvick
  7. Carl Edwards
  8. Kyle Busch
  9. Denny Hamlin
  10. Aric Almirola
  11. AJ Allmendinger
  12. Kurt Busch
  13. Matt Kenseth
  14. Ryan Newman
  15. Clint Bowyer
  16. Greg Biffle
  17. Kasey Kahne
  18. Austin Dillion
  19. Kyle Larson
  20. Marcos Ambrose

News

Following the race on Sunday, Nascar held a testing session on Monday at Michigan for possible 2015 rules changes. Among the tested changes are the use of dive planes, a 9-inch spoiler, six-percent rear differential gear ratio, three different power levels (engine horsepower) as well as a driver adjustable track bar. Dive planes are small strips on the left and right side of the front bumper areas about halfway between the splitter and hood. The driver adjustable track bar is an interesting possibility. Most open wheel cars have some sort of driver controlled suspension, so is Nascar moving out of the 1940's?

Rumor confirmed - Carl Edwards is moving to Gibbs. Subway is moving with Edwards.

Tony Stewart is listed on the entry list, but who knows?​

In Fantasy Live, 640sby increased his overall lead ahead of FlaCowboy by winning the week after making some shrewd driver changes. Congrats, 64.

That about does it for an early race kick-off. Remember the Cup race is Saturday, so don't wait 'til Sunday morning to make changes. Come to think about it, I think 64 did that early in the season and still took the week. :mad2::lol:

GA_Boater

I'm surprised - Not. The Twerp is running the triple at Bristol. Cup, M-Wide and Truck. :mad:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm letting the girls watch their show as I miss Bristol for now.

Rumor has it that Burton is driving for Tony again this week and Tony may not try and get back in the seat until all the "potential' lawsuits are over, including civil. Seems to be a smart move on his part if it's true. I still say there is a good chance he's all done......

sam60

Captain

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looking at that radar are they hinting at a washout?

GA_Boater

The bottom of that mess is going through here now. It killed my broadband for about 4 hours. Nascar.com says Burton is in for Stewart, so not a rumor. You may be right that he will sit out until the legals are over, Musky. Which could be years.

sam60

Captain
I don't think the race ever started and I can't see how they will get it in tonight...IDK, been watching the Little League World Series.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Postponed until Thu at 10a.m. eastern on FS1......

GA_Boater

Maybe they can pipe in MRN during my MRI?:laugh:

Caution, Caution - a gurney spun out in the ER and side-swiped an X-ray tech. No fire, so the patient is staying put until the safety crew gives to OK. The X-ray tech threw his dosimeter at the gurney - He's going to the hauler! :lol:

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
:laugh: :crutch: No MRN, just hairbands from the '80s. :rockon: I see the race is over, but I don't see any updates?????????????

GA_Boater

Keso - His first truck win. The Twerp got a flat and finished 6 laps down.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I'm letting the girls watch their show as I miss Bristol for now.

Rumor has it that Burton is driving for Tony again this week and Tony may not try and get back in the seat until all the "potential' lawsuits are over, including civil. Seems to be a smart move on his part if it's true. I still say there is a good chance he's all done......

Wim, I am going to have to agree with ya, I am getting feeling that Tony is going to fade into the background and work as a team owner, I have a good friend that works for his organization and he is telling me that Tony is a mess and questioning everything, unfortunately, this event might be an industry changing event.

GA_Boater

Ooops - Keso and trucks driven by Cole Custer and Ron Hornaday Jr. measured too high at the rear spoiler during post-race inspection.

In the first Cup practice some of the teams ran over a 100 laps. At Bristol that takes about 5 minutes. :lol:

GA_Boater

The Twerp got the pole for the Nationwide race later this evening. :blue:

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying results;
  1. Harvick with a 131.362 MPH, 14.607. A new track record and all 12 in the final session broke the old record of 129.991.
  2. Gordon
  3. Edwards
  4. The Twerp
  5. JJ.
Nationwide Food City 300 is due to drop the green flag at 7:43. Not 7:42 or 7:44, but 7:43. Televised on ESPN tonight.