A lot has changed in the last 12 years....

NathanY

Commander
Since I joined this site. I was 24 or so and needed help with a fuel pump on old evinrude. There were no categories for topics, just one forum. You had to swim through all the other stuff to find information. I believe that there were only about 2000 or so members when I joined. JB was the top dog mod and Bruno would stop by every now and then. Is JB still around? I see a ton of new names and a vast resource of knowledge on this site. A man with no boating or mechanical experience could come to this site, spend a few hours reading and have all the confidence to make any repair to any boat. I've never seen so much boating information in one place as there is on this site right now. Its only going to get better. Can't help but wonder what all my friends from yester-year are doing now. Ladyfish, JB, gonefishn, etc. I know that we have lost a few of our friends. SBN(Lester Wright) and I've heard of a couple others. Hope to see some of the older members posts. Looking forward to reading up on all the new posts.

aspeck

Staff member
Hey Nathan, welcome! Gonfishin stops by every now and then. JB is still a valued moderator and full of wisdom, but physical issues have slowed his ability to post. He still lurks, though. Many of the "old guard" are still around, and lots of new ones also. Still an awesome site!