there goes the neighborhood

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
now everyone will want to move here...

[h=1]Manchester-Tullahoma Named Top Micropolitan Area[/h]

[COLOR=#5E5E5E !important]Manchester City Seal photo by Samantha Watters
In a research report released in May 2014 by POLICOM Corporation, the Tullahoma-Manchester Micropolitan Statistical Area ranked first in the state of Tennessee and sixty-sixth nationally out of the 536 areas in the United States.
Local companies are expanding, entering new markets and hiring employees. The unemployment rate for the Tullahoma-Manchester Micropolitan Statistical Area went from 7.2% to 6.2% in this past year.
POLICOM Corporation is an independent economics research firm based in Palm City, Florida, which specializes in analyzing local and state economies and economic development. The index takes into account the condition of the economy from the viewpoint of its impact upon the standard of living of the people who live and work in the area.
A Micropolitan Statistical Area in the United States is defined by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) as urban areas based around an urban cluster with a population of 10,000 to 49,999. The designation is based on the city’s core population and not that of a whole area.
A Micropolitan Statistical Area is a geographic entity used for statistical purposes based on countie
[/COLOR]

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
What the heck is micropolitan? Sounds like a new made up way for a small town to sound hip.................

southkogs

Staff member
... Manchester's been growin' leaps and bounds for years now. Murfreesboro too, but I'm in the 'boro too much to notice often. I'm only in Manchester every month or three, and constantly shocked at how much bigger it looks when I pull in.

Haven't been to Davey Crockett's in a while ... they still there?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
nope they both closed down for 'remodeling' a couple years ago to never open up again. Not sure about the Tulla one, the Manchester one (at our exit) is on its second incarnation since the close down (first one lasted about 4 months); a Mexican joint. Lots of Choriso it's ok but the one on the other side of the highway is better.

I do not want to turn into a 'boro no offense but when i moved here one of the reasons I chose here instead of there is small town. But the new middle school out the back door isn't helping nore the new activity in the previously undeveloped subdivision across the road.... I like small(ish) towns. But property value going up well. Trade offs.

sam60

Captain
I'd love to move there. I've never been there but have worked with a lot of people from the area. Being in our mid 50's with 4 Grandkids here it's not likely.....I'd like to visit though, maybe next year.

southkogs

Staff member
... I do not want to turn into a 'boro no offense but when i moved here one of the reasons I chose here instead of there is small town.
I moved to the 'boro from Detroit, so it feels smaller than it is :D I get what you're saying. Nashville has finally started feeling too big to me.

southkogs

Staff member
I'd love to move there. I've never been there but have worked with a lot of people from the area. Being in our mid 50's with 4 Grandkids here it's not likely.....I'd like to visit though, maybe next year.
As a boat guy, I'd tell ya' to rent a cabin on one of the lakes (like Dale Hollow). But if you're coming for a visit and don't know how often you'll make it out here, I actually suggest touring the area a little. Lots to see and experience.

Of course, let me know when you're coming. Be glad to host ya' around the area.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
that's funny, not two weeks ago I was shopping small acre plots (5-10) in tenn. seems like Manchester was listed as one of the areas I was looking in. I used to live in Tenn. it was a beautiful place and the people were great.. would love to go back at some point LOL