iboats Pigskin Pick 'Em league is open for business.

bassman284

Commander
Like I said, same as my bro ... no back brace, just told it would heal. He was allowed to return to work in less than a week. Granted, his work did not involve getting smacked around by 300 pound defensive players!
Yeah, hard to say. Thing is, Cam runs a lot which makes me think it might affect him more than Romo Cam takes a lot of hits.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Don't know what to think about going into Thursday nights game being the favored ... Thats new territory !!
I will be at the game with the Admiral ,daughter ,and sil .... Look for me on TV ! I'll be the one with the Jaguars hat on ! :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Have fun sphelps! I'm throwing a hail mary this week. The outcome outta be interesting ...........

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Have fun sphelps! I'm throwing a hail mary this week. The outcome outta be interesting ...........
Next week will be the interesting week with teams that have things locked up pulling their starters. Probably a better week to throw hail marys.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Next week will be the interesting week with teams that have things locked up pulling their starters. Probably a better week to throw hail marys.

I'm so far behind, Bruce, I'll probably have to throw a couple!

aspeck

Staff member
sphelps, I was worried for you ... the first 26 minutes of the game I am sure were not too enjoyable for you. Then it picked up a little bit ... 3 wins for JAX!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Yep I was thinking" here we go again " then things turned around .. I think the short week had them in a bit of a funk . We're playing so many rookies right now hopefully next year will be better for us ...
Had a great time !!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We had pretty good seats .. My sil won 4 tickets at work ... Got to shake hands before the game with one of my all time favorite ex players Fred Taylor !! :cool:
Was so excited and nervous I completely forgot to get a picture with him ... :facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! who saw the Cowboy/Colts game coming ....
I guess Dallas is for real !

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Wow ! who saw the Cowboy/Colts game coming ....
I guess Dallas is for real !
The Colts were missing their #1 receiver T.Y.Hilton and had their division wrapped up. Dallas had way more to play for because they could clinch their division title with a win. Dallas was at home and favored.

I was actually surprised Luck played as long as he did. I also figured Colts were going to rest anyone who had the slightest injury for this game.

There are going to be a lot of games like this one next week with teams resting players in games that don't mean anything. Going to be hard to pick.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The only thing some will fight for is home field. Except the hapless NFC South, one of them might win the division. Maybe?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Luck killed my fantasy..... 0 points! I know NE should be fighting for homefield. I think there will be very few teams sitting players. I think Indy is locked in their current postion. They may be one that will bench starters. They could use it!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Luck killed my fantasy..... 0 points! I know NE should be fighting for homefield. I think there will be very few teams sitting players. I think Indy is locked in their current postion. They may be one that will bench starters. They could use it!
If Denver happens to lose tonight, for some strange reason, NE will be using second stringers.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
If Denver happens to lose tonight, for some strange reason, NE will be using second stringers.

No doubt. The way this season has been going, who knows what will happen tonite. That's one of my hail mary picks......... :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not sure if I saw any hail marys from you yet!

Ten, although, the ball was only thrown from about the 40, KC, Vikings(they almost pulled it off. What a sucky ending) and now Cincy.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Good call on Cincy

They had something to play for and they were at home, figured they "might" actually have a legit shot. That, or they could have looked like Indy.......:laugh:

You have 3 guys right behind you, but with a 3 point lead you have a good cushion.... Just don't implode....... :)

Last edited: