iboats Pigskin Pick 'Em league is open for business.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Only two QB's have beaten all 32 teams in their NFL careers, Manning and Favre. One has beaten 31 teams to date and after last night, he's still looking. There is one more QB with 31 victories, but Tom Brady will never play against the Pats.

aspeck

Staff member
Hey, they gave me my point back! Cool! Must have heard enough complaints! Bruce and GA, I made some gains on you this week ... Now watch me tank it over the Thanksgiving weekend of games ...

GA_Boater

How many complaints did you log with ESPN, aspeck. :smile: They did the right thing. But they should have disallowed your original MNF pick. Just on general principles because you made the most correct picks this week. :lol:

aspeck

Staff member
Hey, GA, every blind squirrel finds an acorn sometime! This was my week to find the acorn!:D:cheer2::noidea:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I am not sure why I had Atlanta. I knew the Cleveland receiver was coming back and was going to pick them becuase of that. Was a close game anyway. My girl friend talked me into the Saints last night!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
After last weeks fiasco I sure needed a good week ! Not like I'm gunna catch up or anything .... This is harder than it looks ! :frusty: :lol:

bassman284

Commander
After last weeks fiasco I sure needed a good week ! Not like I'm gunna catch up or anything .... This is harder than it looks ! :frusty: :lol:
Yeah, pretty difficult when the teams you pick decide not to perform as expected (hoped?). Guess I have the bottom pretty well locked up by now. I don't seem to have any idea how things are going to go.

aspeck

Staff member
All I can say is, my dart board is working okay ... When I try to rationally think it through, I over-think it and pick wrong! Best guess and walk away! Probably 80% of the picks I have changed, I have changed to the wrong team! Ugh!

GA_Boater

I have a rule - Never change picks.
Except when I do. :eek:

aspeck

Staff member
I should take my own advice about not changing picks ... I thought I had picked the Eagles, but guess I punched the wrong ticket. And I went back and changed from the Chargers TO the Ravens. Oh well. Will see what happens tonight and tomorrow ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Anyone pick the Jaguars ? Finally got another W on the books against our old coach ....
Maybe I'll pickem next week ... :lie:;)

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer
Cam Newton, Car Accident, Hope all is Well!........Adjust your Picks!

aspeck

Staff member
Newton smiling while being extricated from the vehicle. He is bruised, sore, and will overnight for observation, but nothing indicates he will not play.

In other news,Johnny Football gets the start over Hoyer this week and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis calls Manziel a midget, later apologizes (maybe the apology was directed to all vertically challenged individuals).

GA_Boater

Early reports are saying Newton suffered fractures in his lower back.

aspeck

Staff member
The Cam Newton report sure changed quickly ... My brother had 5 broken bones in his back when he fell 20 feet from a ladder (broke a perfectly good extension ladder in the process! HA!) ... He was back at work (boat mechanic) in 6 days ...

GA_Boater

The Ship's Surgeon (The Admiral) says he broke some of the little wing things on the side of some vertebrae. Supposed to be painful and treated with a back brace to immobilize the spine. Is he sone for the year? Might be too early to tell.

aspeck

Staff member
The Ship's Surgeon (The Admiral) says he broke some of the little wing things on the side of some vertebrae. Supposed to be painful and treated with a back brace to immobilize the spine. Is he sone for the year? Might be too early to tell.

Like I said, same as my bro ... no back brace, just told it would heal. He was allowed to return to work in less than a week. Granted, his work did not involve getting smacked around by 300 pound defensive players!