Crown Royal Presents the John Wayne Walding 400 from Indianapolis Motor Speedway

sam60

Captain
In the absense of our usual weekly NASCAR promoter :fish2:, I'll take a stab at this....:D
[h=3]Crown Royal Presents the John Wayne Walding 400 from Indianapolis Motor Speedway[/h] (John Wayne Walding is a one of many great people who have fought for our freedom)

The race is on ESPN (Not FS1) Sunday at 1:00 EST

Hope our promoter made his weekly pics.

They are sure to go fast and turn left.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I lost my job! :blue:

Top 5 in the first practice - Kenseth, Bowyer, Keso, JJ and Kyle. The Larson Kyle.

Qualifying is Sat followed by the N-Wide Lilly Diabetes 250 - What a name for a race. But awareness is good because the results of diabetes are not good.

Thanks Sam. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying at Indy is kicking off on ESPN in a few minutes. The Twerp is on pole for the N-Wide race, which starts at 4:30 eastern

GA_Boater

Harvick is in the pole, followed by Gordon, Keso, Newman and Vickers. Happy was flat pickin' 'em up and puttin' 'em down from start to finish in all three Q-ing segments, setting a new track record. Next up - N-Wide at 4:30.

sam60

Captain
I lost my job! :blue:

No, please continue. My intro was a poorly played onside kick compared to your weekly kick-off. :facepalm:

Is Jamie Little 5'-11" or is Kyle Larson 4'-11" ? She sure looks tall interviewing the drivers.

GA_Boater

Larson is 4'11". Standing on a tool box. :lol:

Hey Sam - You got it off. :smile:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looks like I missed NW. Ty Dillion held off Shrubby? Cool!

GA_Boater

Dillon had a .83 second lead over Twerp. So sad. :lol:

GA_Boater

Finally - News on Carl Edwards. He is out at Roush and packing his bags. Speculation has him moving to NCIS under Gibbs.

sam60

Captain
Race pics for the Fantasy League were difficult to make this week, changed them a few times.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Has there been iffy weather at Indy? I'm surprised seeing all the empty seats. A bunch even on the front stretch. Some sections has person here and there and it looks like other sections are closed. I know attendance is down everywhere, but wow........

Edit: I see Montoya is out there and going backwards. Who's he racing for today?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Gordon is stretching his lead early. More than 4 secs over Harvick. Guess he's going for broke until the competition caution.

sam60

Captain
[QUOTE: I'm surprised seeing all the empty seats. A bunch even on the front stretch. Some sections has person here and there and it looks like other sections are closed. I know attendance is down everywhere, but wow........[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seats don't have many butts in them. That isn't right for Indy.

GA_Boater

Juan is driving for Penske. I just caught the grandstand as they followed Hamlin after the yellow - The place is barren! Won't be many hot dogs wrappers to block grilles today.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I see Juan tried to take out Menard, I believe...... Same ol' Juan. Danica appeared to break the rearend..... Surprised Penske put him behind the wheel..... Maybe he expected a miracle......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy after all of these years, I have to say, that is one of the best re-starts I have ever seen Gordon pull off!

GA_Boater

Gordon restarts have been horrible this year for the most part. 4 to go.