Raise a glass this weekend ...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
It is not what we gain in life but choose to give Those guys gave a lot to us all I wonder if we should have a secondary email or contact media (face book) or ? If I suddenly checked out I'd want my better half to post for me to let you know I was up in tin heaven....

southkogs

Staff member
... Love the ones that are around you. Do good to others. Make sure your affairs are in order and your life is right with your maker. These are the things that are most important. The rest is gravy.
Amen Art. Too often we confuse what's most important with what is most urgent. I've had a lot of kind things done for me (especially expertise given) on these forums, and mostly by people I really don't know (in a personally "met" way).

And don't forget to appreciate the ones you have in your life. ...
In a fantastic sense, guys like DonS, SBN and Tashasdaddy are still helping me out. I actually read a topic the other day where Tashasdaddy was giving some advice on an issue I was having and I wound up using his advice to solve my problem! I was tellin' GA Boater the other day that this forum is one of the only that I go to because of how hostile I've found many others to be (including Christian Theology forums!). We've got good admin, good mods and great members.

SIDENOTE: I miss JB postin' as much on the forums. Lotsa' wisdom and a great wit when he would write. But he's struggling right now and understandably can't post as much. So we try to mention him or write to him here and there to let him know we still remember and give a rip, right?

As much as I don't want to live my life "missing" someone, I also don't want to forget them.

I wonder if we should have a secondary email or contact media (face book) or ? If I suddenly checked out I'd want my better half to post for me to let you know I was up in tin heaven....
Dunno' what do to about that Kev. But, I will tell ya' this ... I had noticed you weren't around, and you weren't forgotten.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Speakerdude's post HERE reminded me of this thread ...

Thought I'd bump it and let us all tell some war stories about fella's gone before us.

Wishing all a Red Sky at Night.

thumpar

Admiral
I miss Don's quick posts. He got straight to the point and if you chinced or did something wrong he would call you on it.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
To friends who have gone on before us to glassy seas and fairer winds.

I don't care to live in the past and wallow in loss. But I do enjoy fine memories of good friends. Don's not the only one who's gone before us, but he's who I knew best. This weekend as you're enjoying the water, family and friends raise a toast to those who have passed. Be they all blessed in the Almighty's good care and now Captains in His finest fleet!

Great post sk, not sure but I think Don banned me for 24/48 hours? back when I was a newbie. I started a thread about the 11 mariner's lost on the Deep Water Horizon and an idiot kept trying to make it political and the thread was closed and well....I broke the forum rules......:rolleyes:. He was a great guy.

I too missed Lester, wish I was here then. I remember Tashasdaddy, what a wealth of knowledge and a true character. And JB, his steady hand always guided us through the stormy waters. It's great that they will all live on sharing their wisdom as long as this forum exists.

southkogs

Staff member
Haven't bumped this one in a few years, but I saw that today was JB's birthday. Lots of guys have headed over the glassy sea before us, y'all. If you think of it this weekend, give 'em a toast enjoy a few memories.

... and while you're at it: tell the people around you how much they mean to you now. Don't miss the opportunities that you will wish you had later.