Nascar - New Hampshire And Trucks In Iowa

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What a week!! Starting with a rainy (again) race at Daytona with a first time Cup winner, a possible owner revolt and the long time leader of the iboats Fantasy Live league falling out of first place.
After a an extended rain delay start, the Coke Zero 400 was called for Saturday and moved to Sunday. Once again rain raised havoc, causing cautions and red flags. And being Daytona and the Big One - Twice, only 7 cars were undamaged by the the time the race was ended by unrelenting rain after 112 laps, Aric Almirola was declared the winner for his first win in Cup racing and is almost guaranteed a spot in the Chase. Kurt Busch got hit with a 10 point penalty for failing post-race inspection.
On to New Hampshire, where the chance of rain is 40% and increasing to 70% by evening. UGH!. Qualifying is scheduled for 4:40, in just a wee bit (update below) and the race is planned for Sunday at 1:16P. N-Wide is is racing tomorrow (Sat.) at 3:46P. Trucks are running tonight starting at 8:46P ay the Iowa Speedway.
The News - Nine multi-car team owners have banded together to form the Race Team Alliance (RTA). In the announcement they say it's purpose is to reduce costs by group parts purchases and reduce travel/housing expenses. What they didn't say is how much of the new TV contract money they want for themselves. The contract is worth 8.2 Billion (yes, that's a B) bucks over ten years with NBC and Fox. Currently the Nascar owner agreement calls for 25% of TV contract money be disbursed to the owners/teams or $2.05B over the ten year span or $205M per year. Mike Helton said today that there is no animosity between the sanctioning body and the newly formed Race Team Alliance, while adding that officials will "continue to operate the way we have for the last six decades." MMM.
In the iboats Fantasy Live league, OC got the :first: by a staggering 1/2 a point, the closest finish this year I think. Tyke2G and 64osby were 2nd and 3rd. In the overall standings, 64 slipped and slid around FlaCowboy to grab the lead by 48 points. Tinknocker also got around aspeck for third. So the overall is now 64, Cowboy, Tinknocker, 64 and QC.
In the first practice, Logano hit the wall and the back-up was brought out, to the back he goes. Qualifying just finished and The Twerp has the pole
Get your changes in and let's go racing, kiddos. Get your smack on! :p

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We have green racing in Iowa. C'mon trucks......

GA_Boater

Caution free so far, Musky? Through 85 laps.
Edit - Not quite, didn't wait long enough for the slow Nascar live leaderboard. :eek:

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
We have green racing in Iowa. C'mon trucks......

The Hornady / Peters incident wasn't covered well IMHO. They kept showing the intentional spin after the wreck and not the original contact. Who caused it?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Hornady / Peters incident wasn't covered well IMHO. They kept showing the intentional spin after the wreck and not the original contact. Who caused it?

Not really sure what was the initial cause. Kinda liked that Hornaday got ddumped. Isn't he your guy sam?

GA_Boater

Keso has the N-Wide pole. Twerp owned winning truck failed post-race inspection just like Twerp's last win - Too low. Two truck races in a row Shrubby's truck teams flunk post-race inspection.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They should take the win away...... Being too low is definitely an advantage. Anytime a winner fails post race inspection, that win should go bye-bye..........IMO

Last edited:

GA_Boater

That's the one thing they won't do is take away the win according to Mike Helton.

64osby

Admiral
Updated my team today, first time in 3 weeks. Hoping I didn't open the passing lane too wide.

GA_Boater

Keso beat The Twerp to the line by almost 2 seconds for the N-Wide win.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Updated my team today, first time in 3 weeks. Hoping I didn't open the passing lane too wide.
That is all I needed...Thanks Osby :D

I got my team all ready to go also ...they look like this > :rain: :rain: :rain: :bounce: