I must really miss College Football..

sam60

Captain
...7 weeks away and I'm watching a game from 1995 on a conference network channel. Dang the video was bad back then. :joyous:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I am flying out to Virginia for the UCLA Virginia game at the end of August.

It will be here before you know it.

aspeck

Staff member
We contemplated a trip to Ireland, but our schedule precluded going. But, yea, anxious to see what the James Franklin Era will look like at PSU. He is certainly a more personable guy than Bill O'Brien!

Last edited:

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
bucknut here, Navy, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, all on the schedule. :D
I just love the BIG 10 ......................well except for one.
:welcome: Rutgers and Maryland,
huts

sam60

Captain
WI (#13) @ IA (#15) from Oct 23, 2010 on Dish 410.

(Big 10 Network)

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
bucknut here, Navy, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, all on the schedule. :D I just love the BIG 10 ......................well except for one. :welcome: Rutgers and Maryland, huts
Gonna be interesting what the NCAA does to The Buckeyes in light of the band fiasco. If the handle it like other thinks, they will be losing a lot of scholarships and a multi-year bowl ban. Maybe even losing a lot of past wins ... Not that it is right, but ... Time will tell ...

hungupthespikes

Gonna be interesting what the NCAA does to The Buckeyes in light of the band fiasco. If the handle it like other thinks, they will be losing a lot of scholarships and a multi-year bowl ban. Maybe even losing a lot of past wins ... Not that it is right, but ... Time will tell ...

Lots of support for the band coming from past female members. Your right, have to wait and see how this turns out. Band may get hammered not the football team.
Although the band is more popular than the football team will ever be.

Watching that team up north vs Penn State on ESPNU right now.
huts

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ohh the shame ... My Gators are no where to be found ... :facepalm:
I guess theres no where to go but up ....I hope ...

sam60

Captain
....only 4 weeks to go. Some interesting games (to me) on the afternoon/evening of 8-28-14.

Texas A&M @ SC

Boise State @ Ole Miss

Rutgers @ Wa State

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I wish it was 8 weeks to go. County fairs are even starting up. That means summer is coming to a close for us. It hardly got started!

As usual, the Big10 is fairly represented early, which never seems to hold up during the season.

Will UCLA be dried out by then?????

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I still can't believe they had Rutgers and Maryland join.

I can't either. It makes no geographical sense for one. Besides, we're the Big10 not the Big14. Haven't been a "big" fan of all this realignment......

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I can't either. It makes no geographical sense for one. Besides, we're the Big10 not the Big14. Haven't been a "big" fan of all this realignment......

We call them the Little 14 or the big10+4. They need to change the name of the conference like the PAC12 did.

sam60

Captain
Not sure why any of the conferences would want numbers in their titles with all of the re/misalignment that has and will continue to occur. I still love watching the games.

hungupthespikes

Big MONEY for big 10, Brings in NYC and the DC area. Not just football..... all sports.

Wisconsin fans are ecstatic with the split, Ohio, Penn, Mich. state and u all in other division. They think they can win a big 10 playoff spot every year. I'd have to agree, looks very good for them. Nebraska only consistent power house over there.
huts

aspeck

Staff member
Yeah Huts, Revenue and fan base, but one more thing also, the Big 10 has always seemed to see the importance, at some level, of education. They tend to pride themselves on research sharing. So, expanded research, expanded media markets, expanded fan base, a win for the Big Whatever the Number. The only area where it doesn't make sense is Football.

hungupthespikes

Yeah Huts, Revenue and fan base, but one more thing also, the Big 10 has always seemed to see the importance, at some level, of education. They tend to pride themselves on research sharing. So, expanded research, expanded media markets, expanded fan base, a win for the Big Whatever the Number. The only area where it doesn't make sense is Football.

Couldn't agree more. It really is a win/win.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
All of the Big10 schools, including the new ones, are members of AAU. Not sure if any other major conference can say that.
http://www.aau.edu/

Last edited: