Chapparall ice breaker

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Chapparall ice breaker

Good way to clean a hull!!

or put a hole through it....

I get the feeling they know what they are doing though.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Heck, around here there is still 2ft of ice and people are still fishing........

oldjeep

Admiral

Heck, around here there is still 2ft of ice and people are still fishing........

I'm guessing that my folks lake is still like that. The stuff they are breaking on Minnetonka is pretty thin, most of the smaller lakes that are nearby are already iced out.

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know guys, it looks kinda fun to me. I used to fish commercial on a old 36' wood troller with a displacement hull, diesel, prop guard and built hell for stout. Launch that old girl and I'd bust ice all day....even pay my own fuel bill. :)

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

I was thinking maybe something not worth 100K plus ;)

My guess is they don't care because their customer's boats. If I found out they were driving my boat burning my gas I'd be upset. I've driven through ice like that and it's harmless (depending on thickness of course) but still....

oldjeep

Admiral

My guess is they don't care because their customer's boats. If I found out they were driving my boat burning my gas I'd be upset. I've driven through ice like that and it's harmless (depending on thickness of course) but still....

Seems unlikely that they are using customer boats.

Looks like they declared ice out today - which only means that you can navigate all the bays and channels not that there is no ice in the lake.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Yeah, right........... I don't think so.......

jkust

Rear Admiral

Of the few Chap dealers in MN, that was one of them I believe...must be what they end up selling as a demo. That old blue boat looked like it has seen better days.

I'm not even going to ding you on your spelling of Chaparral. ;)

Last edited: