God I miss my step dad, and his sis perhaps dumped all his guns he wanted for us?

ezbtr

Commander
Boy I miss my stepdad, all the cool stuff we did, off roading, shooting, teaching all my kids to shoot together, responsibility, gunshows, dinners, bbqs - and could have....no more , grand kid , gun talks, lookin forward to summer get togethers, never did wild boar hunts that me and bro and son will do as soon as I am able off crutches, sucks, but hey I hear I get an urn of ashes so thats cool....he had an awesome mostly WW2 collection of rifles, pistols etc we all loved, and heard his sis may have just pawned or trashed them all, his wish last 10 ish years for us to get em, cuz we all shot and loved them and the whole experience and would never sell them, something to pass to my kids, I'll know in a few weeks, but what kind of heartless person would just trash this stuff knowing we LOVED it and he wanted us to have it????? We trying to keep tempers in check til we know, his burial soon

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: God I miss my step dad, and his sis perhaps dumped all his guns he wanted for us?

Sorry to hear about you loss. Sometimes people get greedy in them situations,had it happen to me also.my grandfather had things that should have remained in the family,but I lived to far away at the time. When we went to settle the estate most was gone,family took and sold stuff without concidering anyone but themselves. I certianly hope you get the things back you love and want for handing down.

aspeck

Staff member
Re: God I miss my step dad, and his sis perhaps dumped all his guns he wanted for us?

Greed happens all the time. Anger, bitterness, resentment, that only hurts you. It is only stuff. I know it had meaning to you, but she can't throw away your memories. It is what it is. Take the high road, be at peace, and honor the memory of your stepdad by remembering him, not by fighting about his stuff.

you would be amazed at how many families I deal with that fight over stuff after someone has passed. It is truly sad. That is why it is important to have a Will, an executor, and clearly spell out your wishes and desires in the one and to the other.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

Agree with the others.
Emotions run high and people's judgement gets cloudy when there's a death.
When my father died, I was far away and my sisters trashed most of the stuff I had wanted.
Don't assume malice, and even if there is malice, focus on the good memories and ignore the "stuff".