US History Map

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: US History Map

That's cool, Bruce. Nice view of the countries evolution. I went to the frame by frame and a lot of subtle changes from frame to frame. Thanks.

bigdee

Commander

Thanks bruce. My wife teaches elementary history, this is perfect to display on her smart board in the classroom.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Amazing at the continuous transformation this country has endured. It shows that this world is in a constant state of flux... Now we see Russia is changing things again...and I'm sure it won't be the last time things change either. Thanks for the thread bruceb58, I like it! :cool:

kfa4303

Banned

Neato! Amazing how much the borders have changed over the years. Apparently, I would've been living in "Eastern Spain" had I been born between about 1500 to the mid 1800s :)

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's cool, Bruce. Nice view of the countries evolution. I went to the frame by frame and a lot of subtle changes from frame to frame. Thanks.

How do you get it frame to frame?

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

First iine of text below the gif there is a link that says frame-by-frame. Heck, here's the link.

Frame-by-frame

Click that and scroll down.

Thanks for that.
I never knew there was once an East and West Florida.
I love the show "How the States got their shapes".

kfa4303

Banned

yup, in fact the entire region of what is now FL along with most of GA and AL were all broadly referred to as "La Florida" by the Spanish because they were so verdant/fertile compared to the old country. It's no wonder, they literally thought they'd found the Garden of Eden and/or the Fountain of Youth.

Old/Real Florida
manatee1.jpgWacissa-Springs_web.jpg12_2006_SantaFeRiver.jpg

vs.
Spain
9b96f7012d1db730618b6050edc3142a.jpg

Looks like a no-brainer to me too :) Viva La Florida! Celebrating 500 and 1 years of history.