thinking about taking up smoking....best brand??

nwcove

Admiral
need a bad habit......thinking about taking up smoking, anyone have a good brand to start?? ;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: thinking about taking up smoking....best brand??

LOL I have bad habits which are actually hobbies....... and they ALL cost me money. My wife, my fishing stuff, my boats (yep more then one) my ATV, Motorcycle, cars, trucks, Amateur radio, computers, guns (lot's of guns), reloading, photography and yes I smoke Marlboro's. Did the pipe thing but ehhhh and even tried the ecigs. Oh and of course my biggest hobby is explosives and fireworks.

I need to drop a few hobbies but I actually allocate time to all of them!

Oh yeah I hear the new cigarettes in Washington and Colorado are good but just not legal here! :D

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think you have a bad habit - iboats. :lol:

nwcove

Admiral

wont those fancy smokes from the west coast give me colitis?......like the line from the beatles song ....."and the girl with colitis goes by", from the song lucy in the sky with diamonds

alldodge

Staff member

need a bad habit......thinking about taking up smoking, anyone have a good brand to start?? ;)

Russian roulette is quicker and cost a lot less

Bob_VT

Staff member

Quickest form of Russian Roulette is to use 1 bullet and an automatic pistol! ;)

Bob_VT

Staff member

wont those fancy smokes from the west coast give me colitis?......like the line from the beatles song ....."and the girl with colitis goes by", from the song lucy in the sky with diamonds
^^^^^^^^^ Must be the Canadian translation LOL here in VT (which is attached to Canada we hear "The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes"

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Now that darn song will be stuck in my head!! Thanks.

BTW the song is about LSD !! Well not really http://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/lucysky.asp

Sorry about the hijack! Thinking it over .....Camel non filter is a good start.

Last edited:

nwcove

Admiral

^^^^^^^^^ Must be the Canadian translation LOL here in VT (which is attached to Canada we hear "The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes"

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Now that darn song will be stuck in my head!! Thanks.

BTW the song is about LSD !! Well not really snopes.com: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds LSD

Sorry about the hijack! Thinking it over .....Camel non filter is a good start.

lol lol lol.....not sure bout those american lyrics!! suppose now yer gunna tell me that there isnt a line in a steve miller band song that goes " bingo jed left a light on"!! ...and what does lucy in the sky with diamonds have to do with lsd ( low sodium diet)?

nwcove

Admiral

lol....how did this go from smoking ....to a smoking gun?? ;)

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member

lol....how did this go from a smoking cigarette....to a smoking gun?? ;)

Figured you may want to kill your self by taking up smoking, I just know a cheaper way ;)

All joking aside, use to smoke many years ago, sure glad I gave it up.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

"And the girl with colitis goes by"

inflamed bowel issues?, was she advertising?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

LOL I have bad habits which are actually hobbies....... and they ALL cost me money. My wife, my fishing stuff, my boats (yep more then one) my ATV, Motorcycle, cars, trucks, Amateur radio, computers, guns (lot's of guns), reloading, photography and yes I smoke Marlboro's. Did the pipe thing but ehhhh and even tried the ecigs. Oh and of course my biggest hobby is explosives and fireworks.

I need to drop a few hobbies but I actually allocate time to all of them!

Oh yeah I hear the new cigarettes in Washington and Colorado are good but just not legal here! :D

I'm glad i'm not the only one who would start the list with 'the wife'

Alwhite00

Master Chief Petty Officer

After watching my father in law die of lung cancer I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy - Smoked for 45 years. :(

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Seaswirl, Alumaweld, Western Aluminum, Boston Whaler, Christ Craft, Bertram, Four Winns.............................................Sea Ray, Mercury, Evinrude, Johnson, Yamaha, Force, Suzuki....................................Honda!

Last edited:

bassman284

Commander

lol lol lol.....not sure bout those american lyrics!! suppose now yer gunna tell me that there isnt a line in a steve miller band song that goes " bingo jed left a light on"!! ...and what does lucy in the sky with diamonds have to do with lsd ( low sodium diet)?

Well speaking of Steve Miller, one of my favorite albums was titled "The Smoker You Drink, The Player you Get". Don't think they meant tobacco.

But to the original question, They've gotten a bit pricey in recent years, but Benson & Hedges are very nice. I'm pretty sure you're not young enough to get in trouble from starting now. Shields up.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Actually I am hearing that they are looking for folks to cleanup Fukushima Daiichi in Japan if you're serious about starting to smoke.

My neighbor presently is facing maybe a year or less because he had lung cancer and they went in and removed one of his lungs. And he has had more heart attacks then any two people I've ever heard about. He also has had nearly every major artery opened and cleaned out as well. He actually has so many scares from all the operations in the last two to three years it is honestly unbelievable. Of course he smoked for decades and doesn't think his condition is from that... SMH! He is on 24/7 oxygen now and the percentage is getting higher weekly. Not good at all... but to each their own! Did I tell you he is only 60 years old too? :eek: