winter coming to and end it seams! Oh crap... maybe a bit fast...

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So its warmed up quite a bit here the last few days.. and then I heard a loud noise this morning... came out to go to work to find a large section of the ice and snow from my roof had come down.. covering the driveway in huge chunks of ice, and basically sticking my car in place as if i drove into a glacier.. :lol: Not much damage to the car, little dent in the hood and another in the fender.. meh.. it was dented already.. I dragged the piece out from under my car and headed off to work. (first two pics)

Got a picture message on my phone from my renter about 2pm "the ice/snow from the roof came down" I said ya, I was gona break it up when i get home. 2 mins later ANOTHER message.."the rest just came down...took some shingles with it " oh... great... :facepalm: (next two pics)

Overall not too much damage, a few full shingles and some pieces.. guess i'm doing the roof this summer... Took 2 hours with an axe breaking it all up, and using my trusty old toro snowblower to chop and move the rest :laugh: at least the boat was far enough away!

Attachments

• roof ice 1.jpg
    roof ice 1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 0
  • roof ice2.jpg
    roof ice2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • roof ice3.jpg
    roof ice3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 0
  • roof ice 4.jpg
    roof ice 4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

kahuna123

Re: winter coming to and end it seams! Oh crap... maybe a bit fast...

Spring break here:)

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer

62f at 3:30pm 42f at 6pm,..... freezing rain due over night with 20-30 mph winds, 50 mph gusts.
Yup, winter storm warning 6-10 inchs. along with ice glazing, starting at 6am. Blowing snow with drifting expected, whiteouts are possible.
OH Boy.
At least the roofs here are clear.
good luck up there

:smow:
huts

Last edited:

bigdirty

... 20-30 mph winds, 50 mph gusts.
Yup, winter storm warning 6-10 inchs. along with ice glazing, starting at 6am. Blowing snow with drifting expected, whiteouts are possible. ...

:smow:
huts

Sounds like a similar forecast to here... maybe this will be IT though.... :facepalm: Not that I have to worry about the snow on my roof, anymore.. :rolleyes:

Jeep Man

Commander

Yikes! Similar thing happened to my neighbor a few years back. Put a huge dent in the back of his '39 Plymouth street rod. Yes, it had a custom paint job. Ugly and expensive. Thank your lucky stars you weren't walking under it.

bigdirty

Yikes! ..Thank your lucky stars you weren't walking under it.
Oh ya, I'd be d e a d. Some of the chunks were too heavy for me to move at all (hence the axe) and i sure am glad i went to work in the MORNING not after noon... my car would have been a goner for sure... :lol:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

+2 on a couple of the out buildings.
We have a stiener arch house (barn shaped) and 2 years ago we finally removed what was left of the shingles, every year an ice dam built up just at the roof insulation line and the ice would let go in the spring taking out the shingles.

Put on a tin roof, no more problems