Update, he passed last pm 11:30 Step dad dying :(

ezbtr

Commander
My step dad Bob Brown 78 passed away 11:30 last night, proud USMC and Army vet, peacefully, RIP and what great memories.....knew him since I was 13, him and my mom split like 16 yrs ago but we ALL remained really tight, mom was there, my 24 yr old girl, brother, sis in law, and his sis - he was out of it on morphine after not waking up from a procedure, but all "talked" to him remembering fun times - he knew it was his time and in not good shape, ironically enough on my mom's late husbands birthday(he died 2 mos ago) and said a day or so before, "maybe he can hold open St Pete's gates for me" , saw priest twice day before and said "wow must be my time to go", they actually thought he was going to go home out of hospital just for a bit to be at home, boy will I miss him, he's one that got us into serious shooting, went offroading, etc........................

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Update, he passed last pm 11:30 Step dad dying :(

So sorry for your family's loss. Sounds like he was a great man.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Very sorry for your loss . It's good that you all were still close and there for him till the end .

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Sorry to hear this, even when we know it is going to happen, it is still difficult when it actually happens, may peace be with your family and may his journey be quite and happy.

Jeep Man

Commander

My deepest condolences EZ to you and your family. Sounds like a good man to have had in your life.

FlaCowboy

Ensign

My condolences Ez to you and your family.
I lost an uncle yesterday morning to cancer. My uncle was challenged from birth with a birth defect making it hard for him to walk and his mind was slow and speech impaired. He always had a positive attitude and that is what I will always remember.
I found this poem earlier and hopefully you can find some comfort in it. I have found some comfort knowing that my uncle is free from the challenged life he lived.

I’m Free
Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free;
I took His hand when I heard Him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
If my parting has left a void;
then fill it with remembered joy.
My life’s been full, I savored much;
good friends, good times,
a loved one’s touch.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and share with me;
God wanted me now, He set me free.

TD_Maker

Chief Petty Officer

ezbtr,

It is tough to lose somebody like Bob Brown....I know exactly how you feel. My old man passed away a few months ago, and it was very emotional to stand there and watch my Daddy die. However, I made damn sure he went out exactly how he lived....laughing and joking about life in general. Sounds like you guys did the same thing.

Hang in there...it does get easier.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant

Sorry for your family's loss, remembering and celebrating all the good things he brought into your life is how he'll be honored!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Condolences sent. Responded more in the other thread.

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry for your loss.. I lost my father, an aunt (his sister) shortly after, and a grandfather in recent years... and he was similar at the end, very grumpy and upset... There are no magic words to say to make it all better, it never get 'easier' or goes away.. but you get better at dealing with, it in time.. saw this on a church sign today.. seams fitting after reading this post, and the original..

'After a loss, its what's left that counts'

ezbtr

Commander

Thanks so much guys - Looking at all the cool stuff here from him, my AR7 rifle, dbl bbl 12 ga, coffee cup, sons gun book, plus earmarked more foto albums for pic scans like when my kids were babies/last 2 summers pics when he was healthier, my Kabar and Camillus knives, etc......what an impact he had on myself and kids etc

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Sorry for your loss Heinz.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Sorry for your loss Buddy, Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family...

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

very sorry for your loss EZ.