Asking for some prayers ..

southkogs

Staff member
Re: Asking for some prayers ..

Great news Sam. I'll be looking forward to more.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Thoughts and prayers on the way....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

News for today . He is settled in and they have him drinking water and eating some applesauce . He was on a feeding tube .
His father is staying with him now and his wife is heading there in a few days. She had just started a new job so she's trying to work things out at home .

friderday

Chief Petty Officer
Sam...with all that's been going on, between the forum hiccups & our own restorations, other's restorations, life in general, I was thinking today about your friend Chad. Took me a while to find the thread (you know how computer savy I am, said nobody!) but I was wondering/hoping you have some good news to report. Would you update the thread for us?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I have been meaning to update Chad's condition . Been burning the candle at both ends lately And since his wife has started back to work we don't get the updates as often . He is doing well and has finished his rehab stay up in Atlanta .They are living with her parents at the moment . They have a house that is better suited for his needs . He still has not regained the use of his body from the shoulders down But he can talk kinda shrug his shoulders a bit . While talking on the phone with him the other day he said he was able to flex his bicep a little when he really concentrated on doing it . Just a twitch . He has a motorized chair that he controls with breathing into a straw so he can at least move from place to place and has fun chasing the cat around the house . For now he is working hard going to rehab several times a week . If the good lord is willing hopefully one day he may be able to function somewhat normally .
Thanks Lisa and everyone for your prayers !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Chads father organized a benefit golf tournament that I played in today . The club house was packed and the tournament was at capacity !! What a great time had by all ! Chad was there and was overwhelmed by the crowd that was there .. Little by little he is getting stronger and starting to get some small movement back . He can move his neck from side to side turning his head and shoulders . His wife said that she has some pictures of him moving his feet very slightly when he concentrates on doing it ! That's a wonderful sign ! Physically there is nothing broken . Just need the brain to restart telling the muscles what to do ..
Rehab now is 4 days a week and they are about to bump it up to 5 days .
Gunna keep praying for progress ! Little by little !

ezbtr

Commander
I am here today asking a favor of our wonderful Iboats community ..
I have a very dear friend and co-worker that was hurt very badly doing the thing that he loves the most . He rides bulls professionally on his days off. He was thrown and trampled and has spinal cord injury's . He is married and is an accomplished musician and singer . He was put into an induced coma for a while to help ease the swelling . I pray that somehow someway he may walk and function normally . He is very strong willed and a fighter so I know he will do anything to overcome this setback .
I know god does perform miracles and with our prayers and support I know Chad will overcome this !
Thank you dearly !
Sam ..
all the best thoughts and prayers to him and his family!!!

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
We're all thinking of Chad and hoping for a speedy and successful recovery! Sounds like he's working hard at his recovery!:high5: :)

aspeck

Staff member
Still praying ... glad to know recovery is happening ...