Support to Replace Boat Ruined in Bomber Standoff

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Support to Replace Boat Ruined in Bomber Standoff

His boat is now part of history and will probably be auctioned off for 10x's it's worth... I see no reason to contribute anything.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

his boat is now part of history and will probably be auctioned off for 10x's it's worth... I see no reason to contribute anything.

amen

spyder9179

Seaman Apprentice

Isn't that what insurance is for?

Uncle Sam will probably cough up some of our money anyway...

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

sounds like he loved the boat, sentimental value? memories? now soiled:blue: his neighbor seem to think hes taking it pretty hard. i would. replace my boat? not with some new sofa queen. suppose i could sell it, and find another short nose runabout, but it wouldn't be the same.:heart-borken: i know others lost more, but it sucks to lose at all

bigdee

Commander

I would think that Boston PD would cover collateral damages?

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

If he was hiding in my boat, I'd fire a few rounds into it myself.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

His boat is now part of history and will probably be auctioned off for 10x's it's worth... I see no reason to contribute anything.

The owner will never see that boat again. It's part of evidence. He'll be lucky if they give him a low ball offer as compensation.

That said, I have other things to worry about than another guy's boat. Hopefully his insurance will cover it, though that is a grey area too, due to the damage circumstances.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You know people like gross stuff. The car that Jane Mansfield was killed in (head cut off) was never fixed or crushed and was last reported being in a circus side show ....I wouldnt mind seeing that boat, Holes look like the cops were using 50 cal ....Hard to believe that guy is alive.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Read an article this AM about the boat owner. He's refusing any money donated to him and will give it all to the marathon victims. He said "they lost lives and limbs, all I lost was a boat. I can live with that"
Right on.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Read an article this AM about the boat owner. He's refusing any money donated to him and will give it all to the marathon victims. He said "they lost lives and limbs, all I lost was a boat. I can live with that"
Right on.

Right on for sure! That's called doin the right thing, even when everyone is looking, or more formidably known as INTEGRITY! We need more people like this citizen! :D

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here's a snippet from his interview at David Henneberry, boat owner interview: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Boston bombing suspect, found in his boat:

But Henneberry wants nothing of it. He calls himself an "incidental hero."

"It makes me feel wonderful that people that are thinking like that, but it is my boat. People lost lives and lost limbs. I'd rather that (the money) go to the One Fund Boston. To buy me a new boat is a wonderful thing, I don't want that, really. I would wish that they donate it to the One Fund Boston. They lost limbs. I lost a boat," he told the affiliate.

"Slip Away is slipping away. But I say it did its job. It held a bad guy and is going away like a viking ship."
Yes, this man has real stones and class! Thank you Mr. Henneberry for showing how it's done.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

But Henneberry wants nothing of it. He calls himself an "incidental hero."

"It makes me feel wonderful that people that are thinking like that, but it is my boat. People lost lives and lost limbs. I'd rather that (the money) go to the One Fund Boston. To buy me a new boat is a wonderful thing, I don't want that, really. I would wish that they donate it to the One Fund Boston. They lost limbs. I lost a boat," he told the affiliate.

That guy has a handle on the "real" issue......... Not whether or not it ends up on CL, not whether or not it's a part of history, or, who will cover the damages......

bekosh

Lieutenant

I wonder if we will see a new Allstate mayhem commercial?
boat insurance.jpg

Jeep Man

Commander

Bring in the Yacht Dr. He can fix it like new.:):lol:

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

Good-spirited American. Looks like he used the boat frequently too :

index.jpg

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

It's almost scary you can find out where he lives so easily. I'd be a little uneasy if I were him I think :confused:

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

He shouldn't worry too much, that damage "will buff right out".