• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Boating/Hunting in Central PA

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boating/Hunting in Central PA

Monday started our 2 week rifle season for deer in central PA. Here are a couple shots of how we hunt/boat the end of November, beginning of December. Lot's of fun!

Rules of Repair:
    1. If it ain't broke, give me a hammer, it will be!
    2. You only need 2 tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use WD-40. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape!
    3. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Re: Boating/Hunting in Central PA

Musta been using bucktail jigs. Or was that doetail jigs? Nice one, aspeck.
    Sent using a tin can and a piece of string. A technological breakthrough. The tin can is a 1966 Starcraft Nassau powered by a 1966 Merc 500.

Comment

Won't he do a little better if you keep him in a live well?

Good times Art. Nice lookin' deer too. We don't typically get them that big down here.
      ---------

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Comment

Someone needs to nudge that one guy. He's looking at the inside of his eyelids instead of looking for deer! I must say, that's a first for me, Art. Given the terrain, I can see how it would be very productive.......Mmmmmmmm, backstraps.............
        How to start an argument online:
        1) Express an opinion
        2) Wait

2003 1650 Crestliner Fishawk SC
        Johnson 60hp, 4 stroke, electronic fuel inj.
        1979 Crestliner Crusader II 2455
        Volvo/Penta 260hp Chevy, 280 outdrive SOLD

sigpic

Comment

The guy looking at his eyelids is 82 and in the past year and a half has gone through a hip transplant, a knee replacement, chemo, and now they need to start working on his other knee and hip. And we can't keep him ON the boat! He keeps trying to get into the middle of the drives and doesn't want to be a burden to us! Shucks, he can do whatever he wants because he makes us all sandwiches and brings the candy and snack cakes! LOL! He is a tough old Air Force Pilot and a great friend and hunting companion!

Gotta finish up a few office things and head back out this afternoon ... hopefully!
          Rules of Repair:
          2. You only need 2 tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move, and it should, use WD-40. If it moves, and it shouldn't, use Duct Tape!

Comment

That's a type of guy that's going to go hard until he can't go anymore. Good on him...... And he brings sammies! I like him already....
            How to start an argument online:
            1) Express an opinion
            2) Wait

2003 1650 Crestliner Fishawk SC
            Johnson 60hp, 4 stroke, electronic fuel inj.
            1979 Crestliner Crusader II 2455
            Volvo/Penta 260hp Chevy, 280 outdrive SOLD

sigpic

Comment

WOW, kinda like the hunting ride at Dizzy land but with live ammo!!
              home is where we drop anchor

Comment

One of the guys Picked up a 5 pt today. I had one of the biggest spikes I have ever seen walk past me today. See what happens tomorrow.
                Rules of Repair:

Comment

You keep the processing equipment in another boat Art? LOLOLOL

Nice job Buddy!
                  2000 Crownline 248 BR
                  454 MPI Bravo III
                  "Wet Lipps II"
                  2006 Dodge CTD 3500 4X4 Bighorn Edition
                  sigpic

Comment

Lipp, you hang with me and I could teach you lots ... LOL!
                    Rules of Repair:

Comment

How big is the dog you have retrieve those babies???
                      Bob
                      Orange County, NY
                      '88 Bayliner 1700 Capri Bowrider, 85 HP Force O/B, "Sea Weasel"
                      Want a vessel safety check? Click here. Want to join the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click here.
                      Disclaimer: Although I am a member of the USCG Auxiliary, the opinions and advice in my replies are my own and do not necessarily reflect CG or CG Auxiliary policy or regulations unless so specified.

Comment

Mid 50's tomorrow ... shotgun (ducks), rifle (deer) and fishing rods (anything that swims) will be the order of the day. Neighbor and I will have a good time. Then probably done hunting till Saturday. Geese come in next Monday and muzzleloader (flintlock) after Christmas. Lot's of good boating weather ahead yet! LOL!
                        Rules of Repair:

Comment

Only got 1 mallard, but it was a beautiful day, so it didn't matter much ...

Rules of Repair:

Comment

Pardon my ignorance... your shooting them at the shore from the boat, or boating to a remote location and hunting them from land? Never though of doing either actually. I'm not sure if we could shoot from a boat here in Ohio.... I didn't get any this last gun season, one more weekend coming up, if I don't bag one I'll have to get out with the bow and tree stand.

Bill

Comment

Yes to both questions. We boat to locations and sometimes watch, but mostly drive. In the process of going from place to place we see deer along the water, bring the boat to a complete stop, turn off motor, load ... legal to shoot from the boat as long as it is not under ANY mechanical power and the motor is turned off.
                              Rules of Repair:

Comment

Working...
                              X