woody66912

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Skydiver Begins Prep for Supersonic Jump

GO FELIX GO!!!. I salute you.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well 30 minutes in and 36.777 feet up.

It will be interesting to see the guy dropping from the view of the onboard cameras.

halfmoa

Ensign

My wife just said that this would've been the kind of thing that we'd have watched on TV when we were in school. Pretty neat! I gotta wonder why they didn't let him go at least several seconds over the current free fall record though.

Summer Fun

Banned

Congrats Felix !. :) .

I didn't think he was gonna stop spinning :eek:.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think they wanted Kittenger to still have part of the record. Just guessing, though. I didn't hear Geronimo.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

WOW!!

2 questions, did the suite heat up when he hit the air?

And what happens to the capsole and balloon?

Summer Fun

Banned

The capsule has a automatic parachute.

woody66912

This was a great feat of human perseverance, to stay the course, witch has been done before and take it to the next level shows we as humans, can and will always push the envelope of what it means to be alive, even though we put a man on the moon, this is no small feat, I don't know about you people but my nerves got tense at total loft, i had the felling the balloon would burst.

What's next?. Any thoughts.

nwcove

Admiral

This was a great feat of human perseverance, to stay the course, witch has been done before and take it to the next level shows we as humans, can and will always push the envelope of what it means to be alive, even though we put a man on the moon, this is no small feat, I don't know about you people but my nerves got tense at total loft, i had the felling the balloon would burst.

What's next?. Any thoughts.

whats next???.......the sceptics saying it was all hollywood movie magic, and it never really happened.

angus63

Captain

The sight of him falling away so quickly was eerie and the spinning looked like a puke generator. No hesitation .... Too cool!

woody66912

:):)
whats next???.......the sceptics saying it was all hollywood movie magic, and it never really happened.

LOL. enter the tinfoil hats group. I could clearly see chemtrails, and wires holding up the capsule, no wait a minute I think i see the chemtrails holding up the capsule. had to say it sorry. LOL.

they started to vent helium at 128,000 feet and up to then it was still climbing at about 800 feet per min so how high could he have gone? i thought he would have stayed went until the ballon couldnt go any higher then jumped

southkogs

Staff member

The sight of him falling away so quickly was eerie and the spinning looked like a puke generator. No hesitation .... Too cool!
No kiddin' ... I didn't get to watch until this evening after church. That initial drop from the capsule was amazing.

I wasn't sure about that spin either, musta' been quite the ride in that sense. Cool to watch.