• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Skydiver Begins Prep for Supersonic Jump

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skydiver Begins Prep for Supersonic Jump

Originally posted by oldjeep View Post
    Huh - it was never on for today. It is scheduled for sunday at 6am mountain time
    When they bumped it on Tuesday they were originally targeting today ... I don't know when they changed it. Apparently LONG before my post.
    ---------

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
      When they bumped it on Tuesday they were originally targeting today ... I don't know when they changed it. Apparently LONG before my post.
      no worries.. I would/will enjoy catching the ride/jump live when it DOES happen. Hopefully I won't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Frank View Post

The actual speed Kittinger attained in 1960 is not precisely known. Some, including Kittinger himself believe that he exceeded the speed of sound....but without better instrumentation (speed of sound is dependent on altitude and temp) that is lost in the past.
        Yes, Col. Joe Kittenger jumped from a gondola at 19+ miles. If you ask him he says he didn't jump....He stepped out. He is involved in a Christmas Charity for children every year, as I am. Having spoke to him on many occasions, I can say with out a doubt, he is one fine humble man. I see where he is taking a large part in this new jump......er....step!
        sigpic "Andrea C"

BOAT=Best Of All Times

"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Winterization=sneekers, jeans and a sweater.

Same Ship.....Different Day.

Comment

What I wanna know is if he's going to shout "Geronimo............................." on the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by sasto View Post
            Yes, Col. Joe Kittenger jumped from a gondola at 19+ miles. If you ask him he says he didn't jump....He stepped out. He is involved in a Christmas Charity for children every year, as I am. Having spoke to him on many occasions, I can say with out a doubt, he is one fine humble man. I see where he is taking a large part in this new jump......er....step!
            A pretty remarkable life for sure!
            His biography is incredible.
            You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat. (Will Rogers)

Comment

Looks like the launch is a go. Countdown is at 7-minutes

Comment

Here's a link to the live Red Bull YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/redbull?utm_s...m_term=skydive

Almost time to lift off.
                Sent using a tin can and a piece of string. A technological breakthrough. The tin can is a 1966 Starcraft Nassau powered by a 1966 Merc 500.

Comment

Also live on Discovery Channel.
                  Sent using a tin can and a piece of string. A technological breakthrough. The tin can is a 1966 Starcraft Nassau powered by a 1966 Merc 500.

Comment

GO FELIX GO!!!. I salute you.
                    don't claim to know it all just hear to help.

Comment

Well 30 minutes in and 36.777 feet up.

It will be interesting to see the guy dropping from the view of the onboard cameras.
                      home is where we drop anchor

Comment

Its like watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Summer Fun View Post
                          Its like watching paint dry.
                          Yes, it is. But that first step is gonna be a lulu.

Comment

My wife just said that this would've been the kind of thing that we'd have watched on TV when we were in school. Pretty neat! I gotta wonder why they didn't let him go at least several seconds over the current free fall record though.
                            People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

sigpic

Comment

Congrats Felix !. .

I didn't think he was gonna stop spinning .

Comment

I think they wanted Kittenger to still have part of the record. Just guessing, though. I didn't hear Geronimo.

Comment

Working...
                                X