100.1 KB · Views: 0

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Re: My Retreat

My lakeside Villa.....
"Villa Collo Rosa"

My lake view from my pier....

My favorite pasttime! :D

That is beautiful! That is exactly what the wife and I talk about all the time. It is nice here in Southern California, but we would like to buy a place on a lake like that when my daughters get out of college and maybe retire there someday. The older one started 2 years ago and the younger one starts in 10 days, so I have 4 years until 50% of my paychecks no longer go straight to tuition.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Very Nice. I built alot of those roof-overs over the years.

Old Yeller Boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is beautiful! That is exactly what the wife and I talk about all the time. It is nice here in Southern California, but we would like to buy a place on a lake like that when my daughters get out of college and maybe retire there someday. The older one started 2 years ago and the younger one starts in 10 days, so I have 4 years until 50% of my paychecks no longer go straight to tuition.

both of my boys are thru that and on their own. We only lease this lot in a private campground, but as you can see, they allow semi-permanent improvements. Large 280 gallon water tank is behind the underpinning and have electric service and pump for pressure. Sewer line is plumbed into the outhouse. It really works out well and since it's only 40 minutes from the house we spend almost every weekend there. Now if I can get the boat running, I'll be happy! :)

Old Yeller Boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

we tell all friends and family the same thing...you are always welcome and don't need an invitation, just cal first to make sure we're there!

aspeck

Staff member

Since we are all family, what is your phone number?

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

Looks like there is room for another lawn chair or two there.

aspeck

Staff member

Sewer line is plumbed into the outhouse. It really works out well and since it's only 40 minutes from the house

:confused: How does it work well having an outhouse 40 minutes from the house??? Is that 40 minutes by car or running time???? :eek:

emoney

Commander

I definitely wouldn't want a 40mile long sewer hose. What if you got a back-up right in the middle? Might think about making an improvement to that plan.

Great looking place and I can see why you get to nap a lot. Looks like the ideal place to do so. Is your lake like really, really down or was that dock just built high?

r.j.dawg

Ensign

:confused: How does it work well having an outhouse 40 minutes from the house??? Is that 40 minutes by car or running time???? :eek:

A_laughing_matter.gif

Old Yeller Boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I definitely wouldn't want a 40mile long sewer hose. What if you got a back-up right in the middle? Might think about making an improvement to that plan.

Great looking place and I can see why you get to nap a lot. Looks like the ideal place to do so. Is your lake like really, really down or was that dock just built high?

I've got a fairly steep bank into the water at my place. The pier is about 5 feet above full lake level, but water is generally about 1 to 2 feet below full. I have about 6 feet of water right at the front of the pier and going out about 10 feet, the water drops quickly to about 13 feet. My plans for this season was to lower the right hand side of the pier to full water level and put a walkway out to a floater. That got sidelined due to my "new" project boat.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Very nice, got room for us to arrive with our trailer ???

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Its absolutely beautiful,exavtly what I want someday

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This a 2 year old topic. Let it sink back into the depths unless the OP revives it. Thanks.