Gator Trinity river Fort Worth Tx

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class
gatorbbb.jpg

Bud Kennedy of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says the alligator was found at the Fort Worth Nature Center, and that authorities are investigating to determine if poaching was involved in its death.

Thats a big gator!!!!!

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Gator Trinity river Fort Worth Tx

This river also has 6-8ft alligator gar..... Alot of bowfisherman love this river.

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

alligator-gar-324x205.jpg

The freshwater fish slayer Jeremy Wade caught this bad boy on the same river...... This is just a medium sized gar

Summer Fun

Banned

Yikes again !!. :eek:. We have nothing like that up here.

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats a good thing. I was so scared of gar as a child even though they don't attack people like JAWS.

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Everything's bigger in Texas. ;)
I like to just not think about what may be swimming around in the water with me. Hopefully they're more scared of me than I am of them!
Reminds me of the time I vacationed in Destin, FL and the beaches were completely empty. We thought we'd just lucked out.
Nope, fatal shark attack nearby had the place cleared out for us nicely.

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats scary.... Reminds me of a trip to the big island in hawaii. Out on a tour boat w a gigantic innertube type trampoline. I was 12yrs old jumping on the water trampoline while the other folks on the boat threw food down to the small fish on the side of the boat. Then some big fish came up to see whats up. My mother said "hey look dolphins". The captain said " ma'am those are sharks"... my mother turned to look for me and i was swimming from the trampoline to the boat. She yelled SHARK!!!!!!!!! I think I actually walked on water and I peed myself on purpose (heard it is a great shark repellant) lol

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I went on snorkeling trip in the Bahamas last year and they threw a cage with chum to the bottom and let you swim out and watch the black tip sharks feed. I stayed on the boat! They brought the chum box up to bring the sharks to the surface when everyone was out of the water and there were about 20 from 4-6 feet churning up the water. We caught a young one when I was in the Gulf with my great uncle years ago. We brought it to the surface, had a good look, and cut the leader line!

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea think I woulda done the same thing. I was in mexico senior trip booze cruise to a turtle rescue island somewhere. I walked the beach and stumbled on a fenced off area in the shallow water. Saw a man out in the fenced off area. Being intoxicated I stumbled out to say Hi and to see what he was up to. He motioned me out into the knee deep water. I get out there and shake his hand and say HOLA! About that time I look down and see about a 6ft nurse shark! That put the fear of GOD into me. The guy grabs my hand and make me pet it. Needless to say I thanked him and got the hell away from there. Are'nt black tips pretty agressive?

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

These were really aggressive! We were in 20-30' of water and they put the chum cage down at the bottom and had people pull themselves out on a rope to a buoy and back to view them. They said to make as little motion as you could. I passed. When they got everyone back on the boat they pulled the cage up and would toss it at the sharks to get them all riled up at the surface. They did not look friendly at all!

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow!!!! Thats asking for it. I would have no part of that. Even with alcohol bravery.

mk4713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That tour boat would'nt make it in Texas. We have to many creatures here that bite, we know better.lol