anybody Paddle Board?

scrit9mm

Chief Petty Officer
The wife wants one so we are to demo them this saturday. With the price of these things I'm thinking of buying her her own boat! Anyone have any tips?

sasto

Captain
Re: anybody Paddle Board?

Paddle boarding has become very popular here where I'm at. It is very easy to do. With a little instruction, she will be on her way!

Good Luck!

southkogs

Staff member

Haven't tried the new wave of them yet, but we still have an old wood one at our cottage (thing's probably about 50 years old now). My brother and I used to have a blast playing on that thing. It's a great "get wet" water toy, and very nice to cruise around on.

jkust

Rear Admiral

Was in Hawaii a couple weeks back and saw them all over. Just can't figure out the alure of them.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

These guys are all over our local MN lakes with the paddle boards. It looks peaceful, until the wake comes along from power boaters like myself...then it looks like it gets uhmm...challenging. :D

If I was on one, I would try to stick to the shorelines a bit, but that is probably worse for rocking than the middle of the lakes. I will give them credit, as I haven't knocked one over yet; Not that I am trying. :cool: