Once in a lifetime...

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: Once in a lifetime...

lucky man.

Is great that the film makers are taking time to try to get the facts straight from people who were there.

Then then get a part in the film way cooooooool.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Way to go, I have worked on 5 different films and you are going to be amazed at how unorganized the making of a movie is. Have fun, I know you will!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

Congrats!!
I'm looking forward to seeing the audition tape.
Applause.gif
Applause.gif

aspeck

Staff member

So, how did ya do????

angus63

Captain

It was very different than I anticipated anxiously. There were 4 people in the reception area when I arrived. The hour wait was excruciating. My wife was a real trooper keeping me occupied with other thoughts. When called, I had the same feeling rush through me like I get at the sight of a dentist's chair. The studio was lit up blindingly and I really couldn't see anything or anyone when I entered. I was introduced to the casting rep and her assisstant. I sat and was interviewed first on camera. Simple questions. Then I was aked to read a passage looking beyond the forward camera. Next I spoke my lines without interaction. I was then directed on what changes I should make to my delivery to see how well I acknowledge direction, and finally I "acted" the scenes interacting with others.The whole event lasted about twenty minutes. I was asked to sign a release of my info and tape. I agreed to be considered as an extra or as a tech advisor if not considered for the speaking role. I was informed that 78 people, all Mariners, were called in to fill 5 roles. Several people are going to review the tapes and I will be notified within one month. When it was all over took the wife out to eat overlooking the city and drank my nervousness away.It was worth it to me just to experience the casting process and for the glimmer of hope to be part of a major film.I am emotionally spent this morning, but need to re-energize for this evenings NY Giant game!!This has truly been a terrific weekend for me and I will remember it always.If I get a call, you'll know!!

Attaching the photo that they said they invisioned the character to look like. I brought my son along on a training run to NY Harbor.

Attachments

• 2011-08-06 15.23.14 (480x640).jpg
    2011-08-06 15.23.14 (480x640).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very cool! Hope you get cast!
My uncle was in the right place at the right time at his Army base and got cast as Cuba Gooding Jr.'s boxing coach (bit part) in Pearl Harbor!

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Good stuff, angus.

Hope all goes well and you get the part. As you've said, however it goes, this is a great experience!!!

Enjoy.:D:D:D

southkogs

Staff member

Glad you had a good time. Hope it comes together for you.