Deer carcasses being dumped in the subdivision.. ideas?

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Deer carcasses being dumped in the subdivision.. ideas?

Perhaps he's butchering/packageing deer for others for profit like mentioned before? Or his huntin buddies bring their's, to butcher them at his garage, and dump the leftovers in the creek when they leave his place. Whatever, If the deer are coming from his garage, he's an donkeyhole, and I would wager the dumpsite is nowhere near HIS house. I would place a large sign on the roadside, near the dumping saying, STOP DUMPING DEAD ANIMALS IN THIS CREEK YOU INCONSIDERATE, POOR EXCUSE FOR A SPORTSMAN. PS law enforcement notified. But I would tell the agent first of my plan,...... He may want to catch the jerk, not have him just start dumping somewhere else like another bridge or creek.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Yeah, what mommicked said, any way he is getting the deer, disposing of them in the creek is wrong, If he is poaching these deer and then processing them in his garage he will lose his home, I believe that Poaching is the biggest crime he could be guilty of if in fact that is what he is doing which I doubt. Poaching, any personal property used in the commission of the crime of Poaching can be siezed by the DNR, I believe this is standard across the United States too! Could be a home, truck, ATV, boat or all of the above!

He could be processing his buddies kills, he could be a fortunate Hunter and processing culled animals from a farm or DNR Designatee, or he could be processing animals that are roadkill, all of which are legal, we just don't know......yet!
I am very interested in what develops in this story though

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

My wife saw the conservation agent on her way into the neighborhood tonight and stopped to talk to him. He already had all of the carcasses pulled from the creek, of course there were no tags on any of them, and he said this is the worst he's seen in a long time, especially in such a highly populated area. He also mentioned that he thinks this could end up being a federal case, which is a bit surprising. The agent said that the fire department will be here tomorrow to flush the creek out with fresh water. I'll keep you guys updated.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

................patiently awaiting update...............;)

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, no updates on this, no more deer have been dumped.. I guess his freezer was full. We're keeping an eye on the house, if he has any more big bbqs or appears with more deer we will be calling the conservation agent.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

Only one entrance to the subdivision? perhaps he WAS the culprit and not too stupid to notice the activity of the agent or firemen, if he drove by while they were at the scene. I'd still want to put up the sign, if only for a few days.