Found my knife!!!

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well last night i was sitting on the couch watching tv and looking at Iboats and lost my cell phone. I thought iwas going crazy i knew i had it but couln't find it, looked under the coushins and nothing. So, i reached deep into the couch and found my phone and 2 pockets knives!!! One my dad gave me about 2 years ago and my favorite Kershaw!
so i am back in buisness i feel naked without my favorite knife!:D

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Found my knife!!!

Found my checkbook yesterday after tearing the house and cars apart for 2 days. Found it in one of the pockets in my snowmobile jacket. Just happened to be the last place I looked! :eek::facepalm::D

j_martin

Admiral

Isn't that wierd how you always find what you're looking for in the last place you look:D:rolleyes:.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The years will catch up to you. Found my glasses a while ago. They were on my face. :(

Av8nBill

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Isn't that wierd how you always find what you're looking for in the last place you look:D:rolleyes:.

I don't know about you, but I quit lookin' once I find what I'm lookin' for so it's always in the last place I look (even if it's the first place I look). :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I just found one of my Case knife's yesterday, been looking for that sucker for about 6 months now! And guess what, it was in the Last place I looked!

LOL

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I don't know about you, but I quit lookin' once I find what I'm lookin' for so it's always in the last place I look (even if it's the first place I look). :D

That's assuming that you don't forget that you found it....:eek:

Av8nBill

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's assuming that you don't forget that you found it....:eek:

Well, yeah, there's always that . . . so sometimes I find it in the first place I look, the last place I look, and some other places in between. :p

angus63

Captain

Have a pullout sofa in the den. Always surprised what we find when we prepare for a guest!

SparkieBoat

Captain

I found a half box of milk duds in a jacket I left in my wifes mini van, they were all stuck together but still yummy. I usually tend to find things while looking for other things.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

The years will catch up to you. Found my glasses a while ago. They were on my face. :(

:D Forgetting is the easy part....Now learning how to retrace your steps to find what you have lost is the humiliating part...;)

1980Coronado

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Thats how you know when you're getting old....you can hide $%it from yourself!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The older you get the more your days get like Christmas full of surprises!! I have lost a few tools and gave up looking.....purchased a replacement and decide to put the replacement one in a special place.....yup you guessed it..... that is exactly where I find the first one that I lost :facepalm: I end up with duplicates which I then pass the old one onto my son.

I have that special male gene..... I have ton's of pocket knives and flashlights..... hard to pass them up at the store. :redface:

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

I have that special male gene..... I have ton's of pocket knives and flashlights..... hard to pass them up at the store. :redface:

Amen, brother! I thought I was the only one with that affliction. Though I am picky about my knives. Flashlights, not so much. 'Ya can't have too many of either :p

<<)))(((>>

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I know with age the mind grows a lil absent but what is the deal with knives? I have been looking for my Kershaw for over 3 yrs, now I believe my youngest son is the culprit but he denies ever using it along with my new ball pean hammer and 4lbs, of 20 penny nails.

hrdwrkingacguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

So finding something somewhere other then the last place you looked implies that you found it and kept looking just in case you were in a parallel universe or something (paraphrased from Jeff Foxworthy on comedy central lastnight) :eek:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Next month, I'm going to hide my own Easter eggs.:D

That would work :D
imageseaster-eggs.gif

IES99

Petty Officer 1st Class

I found a half box of milk duds in a jacket I left in my wifes mini van, they were all stuck together but still yummy. I usually tend to find things while looking for other things.

I also would have eaten them, even all stuck together after being in the minivan for a year. When the kids were little I knew that we could survive for days if stranded in the car just by eating the Fruit Loops, Cheerios and crackers that they had deposited under the back seat of the car.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

You did not happen to find my 3/8 deep socket in the couch did ya ????

DANG, MIA tools!!!