Old Metal Fishing Pole?

Kornfused

Recruit
I have a metal fishing pole that appears to be fairly old. It has a cork handle and inside the rest where the reel attaches it says True Temper, The American Fork and Hoe Co., Geneva Ohio. Also says Speedlock on the bottom side. It is spring loaded to hold the reel. Just under 5' in length. Any special value to this?

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Old Metal Fishing Pole?

No, it's garbage.

If you want you can pm me and I will dispose of it for you.:p

MRS

Commander

I have a metal fishing pole that appears to be fairly old. It has a cork handle and inside the rest where the reel attaches it says True Temper,Any special value to this?

I would check with True Temper they make Golf club shafts and one of the best one's for a long time now. PGA Pro's still play them on the tour.:)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Used to have a couple of them, dad bought them in the 50's, could find no value to them about 7 years ago, so I threw them out.

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

Good one's used to go for around $20 on ebay prior to the economy going to pot. Old bamboo rods are the one's you want to find.

Keep it, stick an old reel on it and use it for decoration.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I have several old metal ones that I used trolling with Dave Davis rigs it would just pulse from the blades turning and it would be real easy to see the lightest of hits, the new rods will not replicate the action.

Kornfused

Recruit

Thanks everyone, I think I'll put a reel on it and let the grandkids use it, shouldn't be able to break it anyway!