• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Small Hijack then lets get back to helping with BWR's Tractor Purchase
    Who here in the zone has registered on the iBoats face book page so we can continue our insanity there and on FB too
    Bill

"I'm not young enough to know everything"

My Project
    1973 21' Cruiser Restore

The Resurrection of the SeaGem

Comment

BWR- nope, no backhoe. Got all the piping for it, even the swivel seat and mounts. The PO told me the other PO took it off and sold it....Then they welded the piping shut for the lines going to the back Not the worst thing , but sure would be neat to have the D-100 hoe on there, along with the underslung counterweights. Not the easiest to find.....

Good all around machine for my needs.

HVAC_ I agree he needs a tractor! If only for the purpose of moving a boat around the yard!
      Not on facebook, not on twitter. Never gonna be.

Getting another small unit this week, 1967 Simplicity 717 Broadmoore. Wifey thinks its cool. Just gotta figure out where to put it.
      A boat is a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one pours money

Comment

Someday I guess I will buy a tractor. Just a matter of time (to get the funds) and research. Definitely need a little one on my 1.36 acres. Lots of slope to deal with, so earthmoving capability will help me do some terracing. No lawn here at all... just weeds and wild grasses in the summer. I have my neighbor do some bush hawging for me. He suggested that I just get a little riding lawnmower for routine duties and that he'll be around for the heavy lifting with his old Massey. However, he has no grading equipment, etc., so I'd end up having to rent a loader/backhoe to do the work he can't. That gets into the whole buy/rent tradeoff thing. I saw a JD 2305 on C/L the other day, which got me fired up again. Heh.

Personally, I'd like to have something like this Kubota:

But then again, classics like this old Panzer are really neat:

HOWEVER - I am NOT interested in something crazy like this one!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0Fz2DkVmM

That dude is just INSANE!

Comment

Originally posted by BWR1953 View Post
          Someday I guess I will buy a tractor. Just a matter of time (to get the funds) and research. Definitely need a little one on my 1.36 acres. Lots of slope to deal with, so earthmoving capability will help me do some terracing. No lawn here at all... just weeds and wild grasses in the summer. I have my neighbor do some bush hawging for me. He suggested that I just get a little riding lawnmower for routine duties and that he'll be around for the heavy lifting with his old Massey. However, he has no grading equipment, etc., so I'd end up having to rent a loader/backhoe to do the work he can't. That gets into the whole buy/rent tradeoff thing. I saw a JD 2305 on C/L the other day, which got me fired up again. Heh.

Personally, I'd like to have something like this Kubota:

But then again, classics like this old Panzer are really neat:

HOWEVER - I am NOT interested in something crazy like this one!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0Fz2DkVmM

That dude is just INSANE!
          The Kudota is a nice machine, I looked at it too. We just have to much property for that little guy

Wow that hot rod tractor is cool, I like the way he lifts the wheels grabbing another gear Gotta build me one like that, Tool man Taylor look out lol
          Bill

My Project
          1973 21' Cruiser Restore

Comment

Hey Bill I seen a restored Fordson go for $230,000 on Mecum......lol just kidding!

Heres tractor across from my brothers place in St Johns, Michigan...
            Attached Files
            sigpic ~~ Vegasphotoman ~~
            ......When in doubt, pull out the angle grinder! .......
            PROJECT JEZABEL1981 SLEEK-craft Executive 23ftChevy 350 w/ Chrysler sterndrive SPLASHED! check out vids/pics on my thread, thanks everyone for the help, kind words, friendship & support from all! FACEBOOK mention iboats when you send a friend request ~~~http://www.facebook.com/vegasphotoman
            [SIZE="1"]Full Resto Project = 1978 Newman 18' Bowfrt 302 Ford OMC stringer 800 sterndrive ON HOLD! [SIZE]

Comment

HIJACK!

It's LUNCH time!! Are ya hungry now? LOL

Comment

HIJACK!

It's LUNCH time!! Are ya hungry now? LOL
                Yes, I'm already on my 3rd course, my doctor has me on a strict diet
                Bill

My Project
                1973 21' Cruiser Restore

Comment

Originally posted by vegasphotoman View Post
                  Hey Bill I seen a restored Fordson go for $230,000 on Mecum......lol just kidding!

That's it rub it in , but hey I did keep the updraft carb lol, couldn't find it when we gave it to him, just found the carb this last hunting season in the basement Oops

thats a cool looking rig though I never liked the close tires in the front always felt like I was gonna tip
                  Bill

My Project
                  1973 21' Cruiser Restore

Comment

Originally posted by vegasphotoman View Post

Hey Vegas...I think I drove past that tractor last week

If you need some winter pics of the tractor let me know.

BTW(mini hi-jack) We've used Kubota's for my entire life on our propery up north. Grandpa loved it since he could still get some serious work done well into his 80s

Huron Sr. upgraded(and got 10k trade-in on a 25yo machine) to a newer, larger Kubota two years ago so he can run the huge snowthrower attachment on the front to battle lake-effect snow. He also has the normal grater and box grater(for the private road upkeep) and the bucket(great for hauling and hoisting deer). Haven't been able to convince him to get the backhoe attachment so I can start digging ponds and trenches all over the property

Now if I could just convince him to keep the dang roll bar up
                    sigpic
                    '79 16' Starcraft SuperSport
                    12' AeroCraft '55 Johnson 5.5hp
                    Starcraft brochures thread

Comment

Hijack
                      A little statics for the hijack zone
                      Wow with nothing else to do except for a service call 50 mi away
                      I did a quick check in Dockside Chat The Hijack Zone is 3rd in all time views with 7,010 visits and 4th with replies having 518 now 519 lol WOW talk about a lot of hits!!! Considering that the thread started on Oct 27 2009 that might be a record in itself
                      Bill

My Project
                      1973 21' Cruiser Restore

Comment

Speakin' of tractors...

This one intrigues me! Looks like a Ford 1210 that I saw the other day. Does anyone know if this old Sears tractor has a PTO or who actually made them for Sears?

Comment

Speakin' of tractors...

This one intrigues me! Looks like a Ford 1210 that I saw the other day. Does anyone know if this old Sears tractor has a PTO or who actually made them for Sears?
                          Uhhh did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by marlboro180 View Post
                            Uhhh did I miss something?
                            OOPS! Forgot to put in the linky... here it is.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/grd/1538370399.html

Comment

OOPS! Forgot to put in the linky... here it is.

http://ocala.craigslist.org/grd/1538370399.html
                              Awwww, expired posting. Ocala FL - Hmmm horse country..

.Getting some thoughts about a HIJACK---Who else is into horseback riding/ showing / mucking stalls?

My wife has a big ol Appaloosa, 7 yr old kiddo rides one of the leased guys. Started the little one at the age of 3, she loves it. Mrs M has been riding/ training them ( and herself) since about the age of 12.

Comment

Originally posted by marlboro180 View Post
                                Awwww, expired posting. Ocala FL - Hmmm horse country..

.Getting some thoughts about a HIJACK---Who else is into horseback riding/ showing / mucking stalls?

My wife has a big ol Appaloosa, 7 yr old kiddo rides one of the leased guys. Started the little one at the age of 3, she loves it. Mrs M has been riding/ training them ( and herself) since about the age of 12.
                                Yeah, I guess it expired this morning and hasn't been relisted. It's a Sears garden tractor, perhaps an SS16 with what is likely an Onan 16hp engine and Hi and Lo range transmission. The loader bucket is electrically operated. Doubt that it has a PTO on the back though. From the research I did last night, the little tractor was probably made by Roper sometime from 1983 - 1986. I'm not sure that it has enough "oomph" for the work I want to do around here, but it was cheap.

The asking price was $500, so I was keeping an eye on the ad.

As for horses... I like 'em and am zoned for 2 here, but costs are prohibitive for me.

Dunno that I'd be all that interested in mucking stalls though!

Here's the tractor:

Comment

Working...
                                X