• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank? UPDATE

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank? UPDATE

Some worthless, pathetic excuse for a person decided he needed gas more than I do, so he pumped it out of my truck in the middle of the night. He was even nice enough to throw the cap in the street so it could get run over and leave the gas door open so the pouring rain could find it's way into my tank. So, I'll make it easier for him next time and just leave a full can of fuel in the back. The question is, what kind of fuel should the can be full of? What is the worst possible thing someone might accidently pour into their gas tank? I'm thinking methanol which should destroy most of the rubber/plastic parts in the fuel system. Is there something worse I could use?

Re: What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank? UPDATE

Hydrogen. Leave him a lighter too . . .
    Keep the faith!!! We'll be back stronger than ever

Comment

Probably got run over by a bus ,,Eh ZMOZ. The smart thing to do would be leave it well enough alone. He might be into playing the tit for tat game also and end up destroying your truck or worse

Comment

I would think that leaded gas would kill most fuel injected cars.I dont know if this would work, but they always say leaded gas will kill the O2 sensor and converter.You can buy a product called "Real Lead" at the auto store.You idea on methanol would be dangerous. How would you feel if the car burnt up with his wife and kids in there.Ken

Comment

You idea on methanol would be dangerous. How would you feel if the car burnt up with his wife and kids in there.Ken [/QB]
          Quite frankly, if they haven't had the sense to leave scum like that behind then you'll be doing the world a favour.

Comment

valve grinding compound mixes good with gas. And will slowly eat up the valve guides,rings,cyl walls and eventually the crankshaft and bearings. Bueaty part is its so slow that he wont remember which gas he stole that done it. Sold at good auto parts stores, Clover valve grinding compound, In a little green can, for lapping in valves. It looks like grease mixed with various grades of sand. You might find out whos stealing from you when you notice one of the neiborhood kids car starting to smoke a lot.
            If your job was fun, everyone would want it!
            Have a good`un

Comment

sugar worked for me, it will suspend in the fuel, when heated it melts and gums up everything its on, when it cools the engine is locked up!But the can in the back doesn't always work, had a old truck the gas Gage did not work on so I carried 5 gal~s of fuel in the back. Tank was sucked dry one fine night and the full can was still in the bed!

Comment

It takes a lot of sugar to lock up an engine. Been there and done it. It was my old junker that I wanted to kill. Placed a pound of sugar in 5 gal. of gas. Ran the gas out while driving around the fields. The only thing that happened was the sweet smell of cotton candy. So we poured sugar down through the carb. She died and never started again. Could not drive the pistons out with a sledge hammer.Valve grinding compound sounds good.

Comment

if you can find out who it is take a big flat leaf such as a grape leaf, roll it up, put it in the end of a hose, insert the hose into his,,,, tank and blow the leaf out! As long as there is fuel in the tank the leaf will stay intact, when he starts the engine a current is started that will pull the leaf to the pickup, wrap around it, and shut the engine down. Then as the thing sets, the leaf floats away. Damn near impossible to find! Just randomly shuts down, out of fuel!But you have to know who is doing it!

Comment

"What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank?"Diesel Fuel................
                    Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

When gas hit $3.50 a gallon here last year I made a little sticker on clear film on our color copier at work that said "diesel fule only". I modeled it after the one used on Chevy trucks and stuck it over my fuel filler door with dual adhesive tape. My theory was that a diesel theif's gonna take it from heavy machinery or a tank on a farm rather than a pick-up and a gas theif would leave a diesel pick-up alone. If they DID steal it, well, they'd be in for a surprise. spots
                      There are three types of people in this world:
                      Those who understand math and those who don't.

Comment

My father once put brake fluid in to my weedeater can bye mistake.It worked it stopped that motor real fast.pour heaps of outboard oil in small can and see who is smoking.

Comment

H2O =water sputter, miss, bang, bang
                          You forget you don't remember!
                          Friends are family we choose for ourselfs
                          Ifin YOU KNOW it goes....if not it doesn't
                          Transom Repair http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/i...i,1437,00.html

Comment

Too bad the thief wasn't stealing diesel out of your truck. Then I'd say leave him a can of "Red" agriculture diesel. If you find out who did it, report him. The federal fine for running red diesel starts at $1000, I believe. Let him try to explain his way out of that one. The feds dont take that crime too lightly Nav

Comment

Just mix some 25:1 for the Merc. That way if he don't get it you can still use it. Organ is a great place, don't you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X