What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank? UPDATE

ZmOz

Captain
Some worthless, pathetic excuse for a person decided he needed gas more than I do, so he pumped it out of my truck in the middle of the night. He was even nice enough to throw the cap in the street so it could get run over and leave the gas door open so the pouring rain could find it's way into my tank. :rolleyes: <br /><br />So, I'll make it easier for him next time and just leave a full can of fuel in the back. The question is, what kind of fuel should the can be full of? ;) What is the worst possible thing someone might accidently pour into their gas tank? I'm thinking methanol which should destroy most of the rubber/plastic parts in the fuel system. Is there something worse I could use? :D

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank? UPDATE

Hydrogen. Leave him a lighter too . . . ;)

FLATHEAD

Commander

Probably got run over by a bus ,,Eh ZMOZ. <br /><br />The smart thing to do would be leave it well enough alone. He might be into playing the *** for tat game also and end up destroying your truck or worse

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I would think that leaded gas would kill most fuel injected cars.<br /><br />I dont know if this would work, but they always say leaded gas will kill the O2 sensor and converter.<br /><br />You can buy a product called "Real Lead" at the auto store.<br /><br />You idea on methanol would be dangerous. How would you feel if the car burnt up with his wife and kids in there.<br /><br />Ken

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

You idea on methanol would be dangerous. How would you feel if the car burnt up with his wife and kids in there.<br /><br />Ken [/QB]
Quite frankly, if they haven't had the sense to leave scum like that behind then you'll be doing the world a favour.

heycods

Captain

valve grinding compound mixes good with gas. And will slowly eat up the valve guides,rings,cyl walls and eventually the crankshaft and bearings. Bueaty part is its so slow that he wont remember which gas he stole that done it. Sold at good auto parts stores, Clover valve grinding compound, In a little green can, for lapping in valves. It looks like grease mixed with various grades of sand. You might find out whos stealing from you when you notice one of the neiborhood kids car starting to smoke a lot. :D

rwise

Captain

sugar worked for me, it will suspend in the fuel, when heated it melts and gums up everything its on, when it cools the engine is locked up!<br /><br />But the can in the back doesn't always work, had a old truck the gas Gage did not work on so I carried 5 gal~s of fuel in the back. Tank was sucked dry one fine night and the full can was still in the bed!

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It takes a lot of sugar to lock up an engine. Been there and done it. It was my old junker that I wanted to kill. Placed a pound of sugar in 5 gal. of gas. Ran the gas out while driving around the fields. The only thing that happened was the sweet smell of cotton candy. So we poured sugar down through the carb. She died and never started again. Could not drive the pistons out with a sledge hammer.<br /><br />Valve grinding compound sounds good.

rwise

Captain

if you can find out who it is take a big flat leaf such as a grape leaf, roll it up, put it in the end of a hose, insert the hose into his,,,, tank and blow the leaf out! As long as there is fuel in the tank the leaf will stay intact, when he starts the engine a current is started that will pull the leaf to the pickup, wrap around it, and shut the engine down. Then as the thing sets, the leaf floats away. Damn near impossible to find! Just randomly shuts down, out of fuel!<br />But you have to know who is doing it!

Bondo

Staff member

"What's the worst thing you could put in a gas tank?"<br /><br />Diesel Fuel................ ;)

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

When gas hit $3.50 a gallon here last year I made a little sticker on clear film on our color copier at work that said "diesel fule only". I modeled it after the one used on Chevy trucks and stuck it over my fuel filler door with dual adhesive tape. My theory was that a diesel theif's gonna take it from heavy machinery or a tank on a farm rather than a pick-up and a gas theif would leave a diesel pick-up alone. If they DID steal it, well, they'd be in for a surprise. <br /><br />spots

flips

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My father once put brake fluid in to my weedeater can bye mistake.It worked it stopped that motor real fast.pour heaps of outboard oil in small can and see who is smoking.

dolluper

Captain

H2O =water sputter, miss, bang, bang :D :D

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

Too bad the thief wasn't stealing diesel out of your truck. Then I'd say leave him a can of "Red" agriculture diesel. If you find out who did it, report him. The federal fine for running red diesel starts at $1000, I believe. Let him try to explain his way out of that one. The feds dont take that crime too lightly :) <br /><br />Nav :cool:

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

Just mix some 25:1 for the Merc. That way if he don't get it you can still use it. Organ is a great place, don't you think. ;)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Need something that won't distort the color of smell of the gasoline. Otherwise the terd will not take it. <br />They are probably so set on the idea of stealing from the tank that he won't take the time to look around for a can. Park something gas burning like a lawn mower near the truck in a place hidden from view of your house. Set a full can of tainted gas beside it. Then get a locking gas cap for your vehicle. Otherwise they probably won't even take time to look around for other gas sources. The fear of getting caught makes most one track minded.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I can attest to the fact that Heycods remedy works extremely well.....The slow death, the blue smoke....Priceless ;) ......JK

18rabbit

Captain

Saw it on Mythbusters. Clorox /chlorine bleach is the worst thing. Guaranteed to toast a motor, totally. Ain’t a slow process and it ain’t pretty when it happens. Too bad you can’t be there to watch, you'd be satisfied.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why don't you just relieve yourself a couple of times in the can? Fast, effective and cheap!<br /><br />Jinx

scrapper

Ensign

Take a 1/2 dozen raw eggs , put them in can with the gas , when he puts it in his tank he will drive away happy and then his car will shut down , try as he may it wont start some one done this to a chum of mine , Took that car to 8 differant mechanics , Not one could figure out what was wrong , We were out in his backyard trying to figure it out when his neighbor , aold fella about 68 years old come over told us remove the gas tank heres what we found :::: Raw eggs gel up in gas , they suck up around the filter screen and choke off the suply of fuel , Left to set long enough they slide off the screen and you can get it running again till it sucks back up there . Drove my friend crazy for weeks till we changed that tank