Local scumbags

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Think it just happenes in the big cities, think again. This is from my town.<br /><br /><br />CATLETTSBURG An Ashland man and his girlfriend were indicted Thursday by a Boyd County grand jury in connection with the severe beating of a 2 year-old girl last week.<br /><br />Stephen E. Klaiber II, 26, was indicted on two counts of first-degree assault.<br /><br />The indictment alleges that Klaiber bit and struck the child, and also burned her with cigarettes during an incident May 1.<br /><br />Beverly McCormick Staley, 29, the child's mother and Klaiber's girlfriend, was indicted on one count of first-degree criminal abuse, for allegedly intentionally permitting Klaiber to abuse the child.<br /><br />Klaiber and McCormick, both of the 1600 block of Fairhill Drive, Ashland, were also indicted for being persistent felony offenders. Klaiber was convicted of robbery in South Carolina in 2002, and Staley has four drug trafficking convictions from 2002. <br /><br />Klaiber was apparently baby-sitting the child when the incident occurred, authorities said.<br /><br />Police said it was Klaiber who called an ambulance, and, upon arriving at the scene, paramedics notified the Boyd County Sheriff's Department because of the nature of the girl's injuries.<br /><br />The child was taken to Cabell Huntington Hospital, where police said she was placed on a respirator.<br /><br />The hospital has not released any information on the girl's condition.<br /><br />However, Boyd County Sheriff Terry Keelin said Thursday afternoon the girl was still in critical condition.<br /><br />Klaiber faces a 10- to 20-year prison sentence for each assault charge if convicted.<br /><br />Staley faces five to 10 years in prison if convicted of abuse.<br /><br />The two are currently lodged in the Boyd County Detention Center.<br /><br />They were arrested last week on unrelated charges: Klaiber on a charge of parole violation and several traffic offenses, including driving under the influence, and Staley for a probation violation charge.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Local scumbags

Just hope I do not miss the warning signs if it ever happens where I can make a difference.<br /><br />
Big town, Small town, same types of people just more of them in a big city.

Laddies

Banned

Where is Judge Roy Bean when we need him. If the courts would stop slapping peoples wrists and cut thier arms off it would stop alot of this crap--Bob

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

keep in mind what a grand jury indictment means. lets wiat till after a crimminal trail to string a rope. but after the trail string it quick and hang them slow.

dolluper

Captain

Poor kid gets beaten twice once by parents then by not having any

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Noodles:<br /> SBN,<br /><br />What's the chance of them living in a trailer park?
Nope, they live in what is called Cedar Knoll, a high end community.<br />My middle daughter went to school with this guy and says he was a scumbag in school also, picking on and beating up on much younger kids.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I have seen far too many of these firsthand. I don't feel anger or disgust anymore, just sorry for the victims. 10 years is not nearly enough, but that is the way things go.<br />At least this will stop the abuse and hopefully save this baby from a lifetime of abuse.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

SBN,<br /><br />What's the chance of them living in a trailer park?

JRJ

Commander

They should neuter all that are guilty of this crime and I hope some loving people are given the chance to care for the abused children.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

In the big city, and out in the country too.. Grrrrrrrrrrr... :mad:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Yep...happens all over....recently had a 6 year old die from a beating from his mothers live in boyfriend.....couple towns up from us. Makes ya' want to puke.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

I have no tolerance for child abuse. This man would be safer in prison than in my neighborhood. <br /><br />I personally think there should be a registry for these kind of people just like there is for sex offenders. Parents should be aware of any person guilty of any crime against children.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

This type of lifeform should be neutered I agree, then exhiled to an island with others of like ilk. See who beats who to death first. Think about, an island of neutered abusers, they won't be able to procreate :) . So there wouldn't ever be any children for them to abuse.

Moody Blue

Captain

Scumbags know no boundaries. Unfortunately society has grown to tolerate their presence and there are no fitting punishments to act as deterents.<br /><br />
If the courts would stop slapping peoples wrists and cut thier arms off it would stop alot of this crap--Bob
Absolutely correct!!! The "justice" system is a farce. Too many bleeding hearts protecting the rights of the accused and ignoring the rights of the victims. Case in point.... Where I grew up, a husband and wife were convicted of torturing, sexually assaulting and killing two young school girls AND the wifes little sister and they recorded the whole thing on tape. The wife made a deal with presecutors and testified against her husband and served only a 12year sentence. She gets released from prison in July. What has she cost society and what "rights" does she have to live out her life ? She relinquished all her rights when she took another life.