Sirius Sattelite Radio

1730V

Chief Petty Officer
I have had Sirius since its inception.

I have questions.

1. Why do some overpasses block out Sirius, yet most tunnels do not? I realize the signal is from above but why can I listen through a 1/2 mile tunnel and a 300' overpass blocks?

2. When did "non commercial" go away? The hit stations (music) are like listening to FM. It's full of DJ's talking over half the tunes.

Comments.

103 and 104 are the same now. Why did "Blue Collar" have to cross the line to "Raw Dog"? There are some funny comics. I've actually listend to Raw Dog and heard less offensive stuff than Blue Collar.

I will NOT renew.

These questions are probably stupid. I know the reason for commercialization. The overpass thing stumps me.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: Sirius Sattelite Radio

There are ground repeaters in areas where there is "trouble reception areas", put your attenna reception strength screen from your menu when going thru the tunnel watch it betcha it goes from sattelite to ground. I listen to Howard and the Vault Ch 16 and Raw Dog 104..........

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

"Howard", forget it. "Raw Dog", only when I have to. I sometimes just need a funny. I actually like the old time radio stories. Especially-"Johnny Dollar".

We agree to disagree.

Thanks for the explanation. I kind of thought that. I'll check it out-Thanks!

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I had the same questions also when I first got it there is a tunnel in Hartford Ct I drive thru every day and I never lose it, I found out Sirius has a system of repeaters through out the country. I was a Stern fan before he was famous, he and Fred Norris both worked at WCCC in Hartford in the late seventies and I remember them well because the show was huge here and funny............

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Blu,

I'm doing everything can to forget the 70's. What I can remember. Those who say "weed" doesn't affect you, have not been to 50 yet.

I thought it must be a repeater type system. I have noticed a delay, once cleared.

Thanks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we had it in the car, and on the computer. NO MORE, crappy service, for the money.