Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Worst car you have owned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst car you have owned

In keeping with the "what do you drive" post, what vehicle have you owned that was rusty, never ran, smoked because it used more oil than gas, you worked on it more than drove it, and in general was an embarassment to drive?Mine was a 1973 AMC Gremlin. I couldn't have gotten a girl in that P.O.S. at gunpoint

Re: Worst car you have owned

Mine was a 1973 AMC Gremlin.
    No not a Gremlin........... you win Well when I was seventeen, I had a motorcycle and a boat....figure that out. Guess I had my priorities in order at a young age

Comment

A 1979 Chevette.Boy, I sure was a stud driving that to school. A real piece of crap. I rolled that car upside down on a secluded backroad when I was 18. .........Man I was glad when thay said it was totaled.
      "You can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't make him a duck"

Comment

I rolled that car upside down on a secluded backroad when I was 18.
        Grandpa....is that why all the hair on his head moved to his *****

Comment

76 Chevy van 6 cylinder(most of the time).Ended up swallowing a valve(the Chevy...not me).Drove it clanking like hell until I got to work. Shut it off and it never ran againBTW Gaugeguy, I left a reply for you in the fishing forum.Dave
          I get by with a little help from my friends

Comment

I"ve had 2. A 90 Model HOnda Accord and a 99 DOdge Durango that still own and its still a piece of ****.

Comment

Well, your discription fits the first 4 vehicles I owned. Plymouth fury III, chevy p.u., bonnevial, another one that I can't recall the name, but it was big boxy and ugly.Back then (1976-1979) I would buy the first running car I found that cost less than 300$. If it lasted 6 months I was satisfied. Embarrassed? not even when my younger brother and friends cutomized one with various slogans using spray cans. Drove them all summer long with a canoe strapped to the top. I'm sitting here laughing at the memories of those cars.After my beater car period, I bought a honda 500-4 bike. Mazda p.u. Susuki 750. Nissan p.u. Then I regressed into a beater jeep period. Jeep wagoneer. Jeep wagoneer. Jeep cherokee chief. Ford p.u. Then the only one I was embarrassed to be seen in, Dodge neon. Presently drive ford p.u. and honda crv.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerin:not a Gremlin........... you win
                I paid $75 bucks for that car in 1984. Drove it about 6 months before I sold it for $100. People knew when I was coming or going as a huge cloud of blue smoke totally surrounded me. God I hated that car.

Comment

I paid $75 bucks for that car in 1984. Drove it about 6 months before I sold it for $100.
                  What'd do you with the $100, buy a Pacer

Comment

My parents had a 75 AMC Hornet that was a POS from day one.My junkiest car was an 84 Nissan truck. It looked good till I rearended a Ford truck, then later hit a huge dog. It was still running good when I auctioned it off.Ive still got my first car, a 66 Impala SS, but it is in many pieces, with no money to put it back together Ken

Comment

Originally posted by tylerin:What'd you with the $100, buy a Pacer
                      Ahhh, the motorized fishbowl!! Nope, Plymouth Volare. That car was a goodie, so many memories were made in that rig. One screwdriver could open the doors and trunk as well as start it

Comment

74 toyota celica. I drove it off the lot in 86' got to the stop light one block away and it quit running. It did the same thing to me every few days. I left it in the driveway of the local junkyard about 3 months later

Comment

That was bad Tylerin, really bad.Better turn to the next page of your joke book.
                          "You can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't make him a duck"

Comment

Mine was a 4 door Ford LTD, took 8 people to the California Jam and never found it

Comment

A '71 IH scout p/u. I loved to hate that thing. I paid $1900 for it, ran it awhile until it started knocking,had 5 broken piston skirts.rebuilt the motor, then every week something would go on it, Front knuckle joints, brake lines,Radiator,blew all the gauges in the dash. Fixed everything and sold it for $900.The buyer ran it for a long time (still uses it at hunting camp) and never had any trouble with it.
                              OMC

Comment

Working...
                              X