Worst car you have owned

gaugeguy

Captain
In keeping with the "what do you drive" post, what vehicle have you owned that was rusty, never ran, smoked because it used more oil than gas, you worked on it more than drove it, and in general was an embarassment to drive?<br /><br />Mine was a 1973 AMC Gremlin. I couldn't have gotten a girl in that P.O.S. at gunpoint :D

tylerin

Commander
Re: Worst car you have owned

Mine was a 1973 AMC Gremlin.
No not a Gremlin........... you win :D Well when I was seventeen, I had a motorcycle and a boat....figure that out. Guess I had my priorities in order at a young age :D

Carphunter

Commander

A 1979 Chevette.<br /><br />Boy, I sure was a stud driving that to school. :p <br /><br />A real piece of crap. <br />I rolled that car upside down on a secluded backroad when I was 18. <br />.........Man I was glad when thay said it was totaled. :D

tylerin

Commander

I rolled that car upside down on a secluded backroad when I was 18. <br />
Grandpa....is that why all the hair on his head moved to his A$$ :D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

76 Chevy van 6 cylinder(most of the time).<br />Ended up swallowing a valve(the Chevy...not me).<br />Drove it clanking like hell until I got to work. Shut it off and it never ran again<br /><br />BTW Gaugeguy, I left a reply for you in the fishing forum.<br /><br />Dave

ehenry

Commander

I"ve had 2. A 90 Model HOnda Accord and a 99 DOdge Durango that still own and its still a piece of ****.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, your discription fits the first 4 vehicles I owned. Plymouth fury III, chevy p.u., bonnevial, another one that I can't recall the name, but it was big boxy and ugly.<br /><br />Back then (1976-1979) I would buy the first running car I found that cost less than 300$. If it lasted 6 months I was satisfied. Embarrassed? not even when my younger brother and friends cutomized one with various slogans using spray cans. Drove them all summer long with a canoe strapped to the top. I'm sitting here laughing at the memories of those cars.<br /><br />After my beater car period, I bought a honda 500-4 bike. Mazda p.u. Susuki 750. Nissan p.u. Then I regressed into a beater jeep period. Jeep wagoneer. Jeep wagoneer. Jeep cherokee chief. Ford p.u. Then the only one I was embarrassed to be seen in, Dodge neon. Presently drive ford p.u. and honda crv.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />not a Gremlin........... you win :D
I paid $75 bucks for that car in 1984. Drove it about 6 months before I sold it for $100. People knew when I was coming or going as a huge cloud of blue smoke totally surrounded me. God I hated that car.

tylerin

Commander

I paid $75 bucks for that car in 1984. Drove it about 6 months before I sold it for $100.
What'd do you with the $100, buy a Pacer :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My parents had a 75 AMC Hornet that was a POS from day one.<br /><br />My junkiest car was an 84 Nissan truck. It looked good till I rearended a Ford truck, then later hit a huge dog. It was still running good when I auctioned it off.<br /><br />Ive still got my first car, a 66 Impala SS, but it is in many pieces, with no money to put it back together :( <br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />What'd you with the $100, buy a Pacer :D
Ahhh, the motorized fishbowl!! :D <br /><br />Nope, Plymouth Volare. That car was a goodie, so many memories were made in that rig. One screwdriver could open the doors and trunk as well as start it ;)

Invader92

Seaman Apprentice

74 toyota celica. I drove it off the lot in 86' got to the stop light one block away and it quit running. It did the same thing to me every few days. I left it in the driveway of the local junkyard about 3 months later

Carphunter

Commander

That was bad Tylerin, really bad.<br /><br />Better turn to the next page of your joke book. :p

tylerin

Commander

Mine was a 4 door Ford LTD, took 8 people to the California Jam and never found it ;)

one more cast

Captain

A '71 IH scout p/u. I loved to hate that thing. I paid $1900 for it, ran it awhile until it started knocking,had 5 broken piston skirts.rebuilt the motor, then every week something would go on it, Front knuckle joints, brake lines,Radiator,blew all the gauges in the dash. Fixed everything and sold it for $900.The buyer ran it for a long time (still uses it at hunting camp) and never had any trouble with it.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Mine was a 4 door Ford LTD, took 8 people to the California Jam and never found it ;)
How could you misplace that land ark? Did your friends call you Noah? Did you march those 8 people into it "two by two" :D :D

Carphunter

Commander

GG, did you just take a shot at Tylerin :confused: <br /><br />What the heck is goin on, is the relationship on the rocks? ;)

tylerin

Commander

How could you misplace that land ark? Did your friends call you Noah? Did you march those 8 people into it "two by two"
Hey!!! it was a Broughm(SP) :D Hows about the call to Col. Guthrie.... Hey dad..... lost the car :D "You mother !@#@#$%^#@ing What :mad:

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1975 Ford Maverick. Shoddy construction and 14mpg on a six cylinder.<br /><br />Anything from the mid 70's will qualify for this list--a real low point for the auto industry.<br /><br />My runner up was a VW 411, so named because the company only sold about 411 of them.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

A 1984 Pontiac Fiero.<br />You could remove the key and the engine would continue to run.<br />I would have to pull fuses to make it shut off.<br />Its also the smallest car I ever had sex in.<br />:)