Letter from a Kentucky Mother to her Son

aspeck

Staff member
Dear Son,<br /><br />I am writing this slow cause I know you kan't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left. your Dad read in the paper where most accidents happen within twenny miles of home so we moved. I won't be able to send you the address as the last Kentucky family that lived here took the numbers with them for their next house so they wouldn't have to change their address.<br /><br />This place has a washing machine. The first day I put four shirts in, pulled the chain and hadn't seen'em since. It only rained twice this week, three days the first time and four days the second.<br /><br />The coat you wanted me to send you, your Aunt Sue said would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with them heavy buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.<br /><br />We got a bill from the funeral home, said if we don't make the last payment on grandma's funeral up she comes.<br /><br />About your father - he has a lovely new job. He has over 500 men under him. He is cutting grass at the cemetery.<br /><br />About your sister - she had a baby this morning. I haven't found out whether it is a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you are an uncle or an aunt.<br /><br />Your Uncle John fell in the whiskey vat. Some men tried to pull him out but he fought them off playfully so he drowned. We cremated him, he burned for three days.<br /><br />Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pickup. One was driving, the other two were in the back. The driver got out. He rolled the window down and swam to safety. the other two drowned. They couldn't get the tailgate down.<br /><br />Not much more news this time, nothing much has happened. Write more often.<br /><br />Love,<br />Mom<br /><br />P.S. Was going to send you some money but the envelope was already sealed.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Letter from a Kentucky Mother to her Son

Hey, don't be talking about my mother. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Yes, that one was sent out just for you SBN! ;)

Carphunter

Commander

SBN, don't let grandma Nut read this!!!<br /><br />Good one aspeck! :D