Convergence on SONY Wega 36"

petryshyn

Commander
Hi Gents<br /><br />Has anyone done any convergence adjustments on 2002 Wega 36"?

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Convergence on SONY Wega 36"

Nope, but I did converge a Toshiba 42H82. Not fun but made a world of difference....

ebbtide176

Commander

this is unreal. so i guess its now commonplace for the average joe to have a home projector screen? jeez i'm way behind... :D <br /><br />i'm kinda curious now - SBN uses an outhouse, but has 2 dually trucks... and a 60mph bassrocket. i bet he's put on of those projector screen tv's in already. :p

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry, only done this on enclosed tube displays. It is a bear there. Hopefully it is easier for a projection TV.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Isn't the 36" Wega a CRT?

petryshyn

Commander

Yes JasonJ, she is a tube. Dam heavy one at that. She has a fuzzy outer perimeter and needs some TLC. If I remember correctly, trinitron tubes use magnets instead of coils for this correction. Just wonder if I should tackle it, or do I stand to make it worse.... :confused:

ebbtide176

Commander

goferit schematic! lol<br />with all the stuff i've seen you put up here, i seriously doubt you're gonna let this one go by... unless you have a rollin pin police holdin you responsible for the final product. <br /><br />come on, be one with the websearches, techiebulletins, latest electronic geekly magazine... you can DO it mon<br /><br />(disclaimer: do not try this at home, it is to be performed by the seriously mentally challenged only) ;)

ebbtide176

Commander

er, uh, btw. my fuzzy recollection of tv's internal organisms makes me think you should not hafta fiddle with the crt, but only the circuitry... but then i've only taken a test 10yrs ago. if the symptoms lead you to crt adjstmts, and you're doing this without serious eqmt - and you don't have a glue gun handy - <br /><br />na, u can still DO it mon! goferit<br />just my 2c

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All tube use a combination of magnets and potentiometers to adjust the electromagnets. The magnets usually are for adjusting where the ebam hits the phosphor. IF you see each dot hasd colro bleed, then use the magnets. For fuzziness on the outside of the tueb I would guess you use the POTs. Unfortunately I do not know. I personally would not try this myself. When I have done this, it has been very tricky and it is hard to make it better instead of worse. I am sure it is one of those things where you need to do it a bunch of times before you become proficient.