Marine Franchise

glastron88

Cadet
anyone know of a good place to go for research on marine store franchises? i.e. West Marine, Boaters World etc....

KRS

Banned
Re: Marine Franchise

what type of info? like prices of parts for sale or franchise rights? or profit margins???

question may be too vague.

KaGee

Admiral

As far as I know, neither one you mentioned has franchises. Don't know of any other.

glastron88

Cadet

i'm interested in researching how to purchase or obtain a marine store. i thought the 2 i mentioned were franchises - maybe not??

KaGee

Admiral

Your information may best be found researching "Franchising" or "Franchises".

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If you are considering opening one just contact their corporate office. They usually have requirements such as sq footage, store front, location, and liquid capitol.

vipzach

Lieutenant

I was wondering about this kind of thing the other day. Does iboats have any store fronts anywhere? Have bass pro, cabellas, west marine, but I have never seen an iboats store? Do they exist?

QC

Supreme Mariner

vipzach,

I believe iboats business model is almost entirely virtual . . . Their inventory is actually "held" by partner stores. They network all of it together. i.e. no storefronts . . .

vipzach

Lieutenant

Thanks QC! I was just wondering if they had one or not. I have never bought from online places, I like to go see and touch stuff before I buy. I am getting ready to buy some smart tabs from iboats though. It makes sense to have it virtual........low overhead! Does it make for a slow turn around on your order though?